Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’m hoping to set a load of #4 shot into some hooks tomorrow [emoji23] but we’ve already established that we’re the Browns of buck deer hunting and now apparently turkey hunting 🤷🏻‍♂️ #alwaysnextyear lmao

Now doubt, I blew the shot on the Wednesday of opening week and that may have been it for me... I passed on a couple jakes hoping to redeem myself and so far that hasn’t happened 😂😂😂

All part of the game...

Isaacorps

Columbus
I’m hoping to set a load of #4 shot into some hooks tomorrow [emoji23] but we’ve already established that we’re the Browns of buck deer hunting and now apparently turkey hunting 🤷🏻‍♂️ #alwaysnextyear lmao

Now doubt, I blew the shot on the Wednesday of opening week and that may have been it for me... I passed on a couple jakes hoping to redeem myself and so far that hasn’t happened [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

All part of the game...

And the game is what keeps us coming back [emoji482] cheers and best of luck!

Reactions: "J" and Dustinb80
Crazy ass day! So, this is a long story so stay with me!

Haven't been out for a week or so. Been too busy with house stuff and general farm/tree planting. So today, I put the little one down for a nap and my son Lucas and I went to go finish tilling one of the back food plots that we had started in the AM. Since it's turkey season, I always have a shotgun strapped on the tractor. We're making the turn to head towards the plot, which is about 300 yards away when Lucas goes "Daddy! There's turkeys in the food plot" I look up and see 4 birds strutting in the half tilled field! So we close the distance to around 100 yards or so and since the birds aren't remotely worried about the tractor, they continue their dance. So I put the tractor in neutral, climb down behind it and proceed to crawl about 40 yrds behind some pines in the long grass. Birds don't suspect a thing! I wait for one to hit an open area, make a couple cutts and boom. 60 yds with the Long Beard XR Mag 6's and that bird dropped like a box of rocks! Talk about dumb luck! And right after I shot, here comes a 3.5 year old boy running as fast as he can to tackle a turkey! "I got it daddy! You made a great shot" I had to slow him down! Lol. What a good day! And he even took a great picture for me!

Nothing better than fresh turkey for dinner!!! Momma was very happy!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Appears as though I'm going to have a gobble less morning. I'm at my second spot now after hearing nothing on the roost and seeing nothing but hens at the first farm.