Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

There is one hole in this fence that the turkeys always pass through. Right now they are roosting to the left in the timber behind the landowners house.

Reactions: MoonLab

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Couple more days I've been getting good updates and the weather is getting warmer down there to. One of my buddies down has been taking his family out and they have killed 5 in 4 days with 2 being double beards. Said there was snow on the ground this morning and they were still fired up gobbling like crazy.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Heard the same 2 toms I've been keeping track of at the house this morning. They are roosting in the pines across from us. I hit them with a few yelps, then went back inside and got K so she could listen. After I got them to hammer a couple times, I looked out the windo and they were in full strut 10' from my neighbor's front door! I grabbed the glass pot and got them to hammer several more times. Their hens were talking back and they were all sorts of confused on who to go to! Cool start to the AM.

20180413_065711.jpg

Attachments

• 20180413_065711.jpg
    20180413_065711.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 250

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Been pretty slow in Tennessee little to no gobbling on the roost. But we managed to find one this morning that was fired up. When I say he came in from a mile away it was really damn near a mile. I sent a few pics to Chad I'll post some if I get better service soon. My brother was behind the gun for this one for his first out of state turkey. I've used the hell out of the call Chad made and it works,has really good range. I'm up next.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
First official scouting in the books...
20 plus birds seen with 8-10 being gobblers.
Saw a group of 12 birds together with 5 being toms....

IMG_0657.JPG

We have permission to cut across a property to get to another but not permission to hunt it.
Makes it tougher but not impossible, so we’ll see how it plays out...

Fletch

Supporting Member
J.... That's the good thing about turkeys... You can call them too you... Good Luck.. Looks promising...

Fletch

Supporting Member
I agree... Also make sure your in the woods from 10 am till 12... Hens don't want nothing to do with the gobbler but they still want that putang and are willing to come check out that lonely hen...

Reactions: Bigslam51

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Checked out a new property around 9:00 am Tyler picked up last fall..I typically don't call preseason but not knowing what this property holds I gave it a shot. Not sure how many responded in 3 different directions but it's a property going on the list of possibilities

WV opener tomorrow...looks like rain and then snow for Tuesday. Not sure where I will hunt tomorrow yet because the top 2 choices are on the other side of crick crossings and the water is probably going to be too high.

Anyone else hunting WV?