Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Waterfowl Chronicles

Milo

Tatonka guide.
BFD5EEED-F344-40BE-8325-D7FFDF8C46D0.jpeg

My 12 year olds first pintail… lucky ass

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
My brother and I went out yesterday. We missed a few as they flew past and nothing come into our setup. Only saw 3 groups of sky pandas and the one started to turn into our decoys but didn't. We then stalked the creek we're setting up on and got 2 wood ducks jump shooting.

Think I'm gonna take my youngest out as I try to jumpshoot the creek in a bit as he's been asking go to go hunting with me.

Just got permission to hunt a spot that should be good for geese and ducks.

I live right near the border if the north and south zones... so that makes it interesting but mainly the north except for this new spot.

Bowkills

Nw oh
? Goose killers. Ive had a pair of snow geese the last 3 days in the field across the road from my house. Why? One injured or something? They did disappear on day one. Dont see snow geese very often here or only pairs of geese until late winter. Just different.
They are gone now. Just a rest stop i guess.

• Sad
Reactions: Left field

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Anyone ever do a TOO Waterfowl geTOOgether? I've enjoyed the little bit I've done with my brother but he's not very experienced and i have seen only scattered sky pandas since gun season. No ducks in the small creek he and i had some early season success on either.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Anyone ever do a TOO Waterfowl geTOOgether? I've enjoyed the little bit I've done with my brother but he's not very experienced and i have seen only scattered sky pandas since gun season. No ducks in the small creek he and i had some early season success on either.
No, but I'd travel for one for sure. I live in the armpit of the state when it comes to this, which is why I haven't hunted much in the last couple of years. Still haven't been out this year. My buddies still go, but it's a lot of work for 1-2 birds here and there. We don't have any fields to hunt, so we are at the mercy of backwater and big water, which has meant very limited hunting opportunities recently.

Have layout, will travel!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
No, but I'd travel for one for sure. I live in the armpit of the state when it comes to this, which is why I haven't hunted much in the last couple of years. Still haven't been out this year. My buddies still go, but it's a lot of work for 1-2 birds here and there. We don't have any fields to hunt, so we are at the mercy of backwater and big water, which has meant very limited hunting opportunities recently.

Have layout, will travel!
I have the spot. We just wing it and have fun. I need to invest in a layout. We should make this happen next year.