Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trucks/vehicles you've enjoyed!

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
90-91 was the G60, 92-94 was the VR6 so not many in a 4 year run.
Looked it up only 97,521 units were made world wide and only 18,412 in the USA that makes them rare for sure
778FEAA2-A308-4278-AC51-6911A5E66E04.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Smawgunner2
My first vehicle, 1979 Chevy Blazer. Was my dads truck and we worked on it patching the rusted fenders, replaced doors, etc and painted it charcoal and black the summer before I went away to college. At first I thought I was just helping him fix it for him til he gave me the keys.
1679273467948.jpeg

Not the best pic but it was easiest to find at the moment.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Been going thru pics looking for old dirt biking pics recently. Lost another good friend. Was like a brother to my dad. In the process of digging through pics, I uncovered some more old truck pics.

"The 78" was built a piece at a time. Got her finished with paint and all and someone ran a red light. We band aided her together and she held up for 2 weeks of plowing. Didn't shut off for days at a time. I'd hop out and a buddy would jump behind the wheel. Would have been 1999 I think.
2023-04-02-114858.jpg
2023-04-02-114858_3.jpg
2023-04-02-114858_4.jpg
dscn1177.jpg
dscn2547.jpg
dscn2548.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had a bunch of square bodies. Had one 1977 Ford F250 Hi-boy too. Wish I still had this one and at least one of the square bodies.

This one was built a piece at a time as well. Never did find a good enough bed to put on it. Pushed like no other.
DSCN2607.JPG
dscn2626.jpg

dscn2553.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Since I am on a roll, here are some of the earlier motorcycle pics I have. I have some older ones of my dad, but this would be me around 1984-1985. 9yrs old roughly.
1983-1984.jpg

This pic IS my childhood. My great uncle David on the left who taught me to never grow up. He passed away but they had him riding up until he passed. Pretty much took him from his death bed for his last riding trip and camp out. Don't take that as a negative. He wouldn't want it any other way. He was an inspiration to anyone who met him. My dad in the middle who has also passed. My cousin on the right who went on to win multiple GNCC titles, National Enduro title, Mid South Series titles, and later returned to vintage racing to win plenty of overall victories in the vintage classes. Three highly influential men in my life. And then there was Oscar the Boxer who was my first introduction to boxers. That dog was as popular as my Uncle. The town came to pay their respects and they actually had a funeral for him when that dog passed. So you can sort of see how my childhood is in this picture. It's a shame I didn't turn out better. lol

Many riding trips either departed from this holler or we loaded up here and drove somewhere else to ride.

1985 Year 2017-07-13-010501.jpg

Since I am on a roll, here are some of the earlier motorcycle pics I have. I have some older ones of my dad, but this would be me around 1984-1985. 9yrs old roughly.
View attachment 176232

This pic IS my childhood. My great uncle David on the left who taught me to never grow up. He passed away but they had him riding up until he passed. Pretty much took him from his death bed for his last riding trip and camp out. Don't take that as a negative. He wouldn't want it any other way. He was an inspiration to anyone who met him. My dad in the middle who has also passed. My cousin on the right who went on to win multiple GNCC titles, National Enduro title, Mid South Series titles, and later returned to vintage racing to win plenty of overall victories in the vintage classes. Three highly influential men in my life. And then there was Oscar the Boxer who was my first introduction to boxers. That dog was as popular as my Uncle. The town came to pay their respects and they actually had a funeral for him when that dog passed. So you can sort of see how my childhood is in this picture. It's a shame I didn't turn out better. lol

Many riding trips either departed from this holler or we loaded up here and drove somewhere else to ride.

View attachment 176233
Love the Big Red! They helped me get into another pant size! You see, they could be a bit tippy. So I put both feet down to stabilize it. Ran them knobby tires right up over my heels and on to my Achilles's tendons. I had to roll the trike over to get free...Now I am a 34" inseam, up from a 31"!

Love those old Ford and Chevy pictures too! Whenever the boys got together to Mud Mush with their lifted Ford's and Chevy's with Lockers and Buckshot or Gateway Gumbo Monster Mudders, those Fords would get their brakes wet and not want to stop! Of course we were all primed on wobbly pops also... So coming back to camp I was leading the way on a borrowed Big Red and took the left fork in the two track, then waited for the convoy to catch up. I was about 20 yards down that left fork. Around the corner comes a Ford, sees me and gooses it to scare me. Trouble was it wasn't stopping so i hit the thumb throttle. The next thing I knew I was flying like Superman parallel along the rocky road, which I directly became acquainted with. The driver and passengers came running up to me to see if I was dead. I grabbed the driver and gave him a big hug. Little did I know that he ran up over that Honda leaving tire marks on the back corner of the seat! It bent the left axle and metal rack in the back as well. His Government Job welded front bumper and push bar never touched me though! "God protects baby's and drunks" is how the story goes!

Smawgunner2

Athens County
View attachment 176232

View attachment 176233
Priceless!

I drive an 08 Lexus 470 gx. It is a lot more rig than a similar 4 runner for a lot less money. It comes with a 4.7 v8, center diff lock, 4 ride choices thanks to air ride and get 15 in town and 20 on the road burning regular gas. Higher octane (called for and I use when towing) isn't needed thanks to computer controlled. It will haul/tow 6500 and has 3rd row seating (for we folk...not that I know any from this board) or small children. The seats come out easy when not needed. You can buy these out of the south as most first owners are southern belle's that only drive them to the mall, Starbucks or Panera and maybe to pick up Bud Light for their Soy Boy hubbys...No self respecting red neck would have bought and beat these rigs at $48,000 in 2008 only pampered people!

With a 5x12 trailer I have a great all around vehicle for my needs that costs very little to maintain as well. The downsides are air ride if you are extreme off road in which case you can switch to custom struts, the barn door opens toward the curb and of course tire prices o_O Also it is timing belt so figure on $1,200 bucks for someone to change it and your water pump stuff out every hundred thousand miles. It does have the million mile engine in it though!

Mine has 175,000 on it and folks can't believe how nice it rides and looks too. I paid 15 grand including delivery from Dallas Texas 3 years ago and have only put gas and oil in it since then having put just under 30,000 miles on it since purchase. I run dedicated summers and winters on their own rims and most parts, if needed can be Toyota branded at about half the cost of the exact same Lexus part... The winter tires and rims I bought were from a friend off his Toyota 4 runner with only half a winter on them when he bought a new Ford P/U. I paid 600 for OEM Toyota Rims and General Grabber winter tires.

Thus I can haul a family of 7 or a loaded trailer of wood, or up to a 26' RV all with the same very reliable vehicle!

You've heard of Toyota reliability? I have a 2012 Toyota Avalon with 192,000 miles on it that I bought in 2014 with only 5,000 miles on it! I just recently replaced the original rear brakes within the last 10,000 miles and have never replaced the iridium spark plugs which they say should have been replaced 92,000 miles ago. I have less in repair costs on this car since purchase then I had in any given year or two with my GM vehicles...

"Oh what a feeling!"

Reactions: hickslawns

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just stumbled on this picture in a drawer. Man, bringing back some memories! My first vehicle when I was 16… a 1986 Ford Bronco II. It had a pile of miles on it, the transmission was gone, and the tires were shot. My dad and I dropped a junkyard tranny in it, gave it a tuneup and some newer shoes, and it was ready to roll. It’s light weight and the 4WD allowed that thing to go almost anywhere. I thought I was bad ass too after taking it to Circuit City to get a new Pioneer in-dash CD player installed. Ahhhhh, those were the days……

IMG_1045.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just stumbled on this picture in a drawer. Man, bringing back some memories! My first vehicle when I was 16… a 1986 Ford Bronco II. It had a pile of miles on it, the transmission was gone, and the tires were shot. My dad and I dropped a junkyard tranny in it, gave it a tuneup and some newer shoes, and it was ready to roll. It’s light weight and the 4WD allowed that thing to go almost anywhere. I thought I was bad ass too after taking it to Circuit City to get a new Pioneer in-dash CD player installed. Ahhhhh, those were the days……

View attachment 190222
Ahhhhh Circuit City, 👍🏻. Radio Shack was where us old sonsabitches went to fix up our rides. Lol

Looks awesome Jimmer!

We saw our cuz over Christmas and he brought out his old photos and here’s one of @Fullbore pride and joy! Couldn’t get it hung up in any of the local bogs. Those are either 36’s or 38’s all around that mud slinger. Lol

IMG_1732.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here was my first new vehicle after getting hired by the USPS in 1984. I bought this 1985 Toyota at Germain Toyota off Brice Rd. Man I thought I was on top of the world! Dang truck wasn’t undercoated and rust around the wheel wells started showing up in 2-3 years. lol This pic was around 1989 right before transferring to Cincy area from Morgan county. One of my buddies and my cuz are in the photo with me(mullet man). Lmao

IMG_2737.jpeg