Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TV's What's your Preference????

Fletch

Supporting Member
That's a low refresh rate, which means anything that's fast moving will have a touch of drag to it. The higher the Hz the better.
I also read somewhere about that.... However I have a 15 year old Samsung and have never noticed this and I'm sure this tv doesn't have what today's do....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Stopped in at Best Buy. Got a little bit of a education. The 6 series is their "holiday series". Samsung shuts down " normal production" for about a month just to make the 6 series for the holidays. Cheaper components is what it boils down to.

Leaning toward the 65" 8 series. Middle of the road as far as models go and only a little over a hundred dollars more.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Stopped in at Best Buy. Got a little bit of a education. The 6 series is their "holiday series". Samsung shuts down " normal production" for about a month just to make the 6 series for the holidays. Cheaper components is what it boils down to.

Leaning toward the 65" 8 series. Middle of the road as far as models go and only a little over a hundred dollars more.
Looks like that makes 2 of us....(y)

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well took the plunge. Ended up getting this model.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...Vp1PVCh3aHgCeEAQYCSABEgI_9PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Got it for 628 by playing the financing game and getting $50 off. 18 months 0% interest. Have the cash to pay for it now but why not save some more by playing their game. Only hang up was none in stock, so I won't see the TV till the 18th.

They also had a sale on the Samsung HW-T650 sound bar and subwoofer. Normally 399 for 209. Im impressed with the sound of it so far. And will go deeper in depth in the home theatre thread.

Holy Fuck!!!!! What they are charging for tv mounts🤯🤯🤯 can't believe it. I hope the one i got will work the way i want tit to. It extends about 6 inches from the wall and will allow for a little pivot, but with a 65" im not sure it will allow for the pivot that I'm wanting. It was originally 149 but got 50 off of it also. But some of them fuggers was more than half what the TV cost me!!!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well took the plunge. Ended up getting this model.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...Vp1PVCh3aHgCeEAQYCSABEgI_9PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Got it for 628 by playing the financing game and getting $50 off. 18 months 0% interest. Have the cash to pay for it now but why not save some more by playing their game. Only hang up was none in stock, so I won't see the TV till the 18th.

They also had a sale on the Samsung HW-T650 sound bar and subwoofer. Normally 399 for 209. Im impressed with the sound of it so far. And will go deeper in depth in the home theatre thread.

Holy Fuck!!!!! What they are charging for tv mounts🤯🤯🤯 can't believe it. I hope the one i got will work the way i want tit to. It extends about 6 inches from the wall and will allow for a little pivot, but with a 64" im not sure it will allow for the pivot that I'm wanting. It was originally 149 but got 50 off of it also. But some of them fuggers was more than half what the TV cost me!!!!
Good luck with it...

Reactions: Hoytmania

Fletch

Supporting Member
Old tv had great pics of solar eclipse... Had to get rid of it.....
20170822_084951.jpg

Reactions: Hoytmania

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok... Question for Dustin as he may be the tv guru... Differences between 2020 series 7 & 8 Samsung's seem to be minimal.. Looks like the 8 has an extra HDMI port... So is it better to get a series 7 and go 70 inches... Thanks...

Reactions: Dustinb80

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Ok... Question for Dustin as he may be the tv guru... Differences between 2020 series 7 & 8 Samsung's seem to be minimal.. Looks like the 8 has an extra HDMI port... So is it better to get a series 7 and go 70 inches... Thanks...
Send me links