Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

UPDATE..CS-thread...Why-Elite-will-have-me-an-my-buddies-Business-forever!!Part II

its not a design flaw i can tell you that much. its the nature of the system. 2 wheels on seperate bending system....its gonna have its own issues. split limbs may help the situation but i don't see them doing that. its a very good system regardless. barnsdale limbs are the best period.

But why do some do it an others not??Or is it more of a issue that maybe all but alot of them to a lesser degree?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
But why do some do it an others not??Or is it more of a issue that maybe all but alot of them to a lesser degree?
if you get more resin on one side of the limb construction you can make it deflect in a 3rd plan like fashion. remember when the put deflections on the limbs they are only measuring the ability to bend or resist bending. They do not however measure the end rotational movement when that pressure is applied. if you change the cross sectional properties from one side to the other(like getting too much resin on one side of the limb in layers) your going to have one side of the limb fork bending more that the other causing lean. also if the axle holes are not necessarily correct you have that effect too. I have seen Hoyt limb holes stretch out over time and almost tear apart.

if you get more resin on one side of the limb construction you can make it deflect in a 3rd plan like fashion. remember when the put deflections on the limbs they are only measuring the ability to bend or resist bending. They do not however measure the end rotational movement when that pressure is applied. if you change the cross sectional properties from one side to the other(like getting too much resin on one side of the limb in layers) your going to have one side of the limb fork bending more that the other causing lean. also if the axle holes are not necessarily correct you have that effect too. I have seen Hoyt limb holes stretch out over time and almost tear apart.
Great post...With a hoyt you would be able to tune out the lean/issue right?Yokes or something?Im lacking tons of knowledge on hybrids an how to work with them...Im trying to add a well priced hybrid an single cam bow to my family..Just to use for lab work..I will be PMing you with question then...Been meaning to ask how do you like the nighthawk?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Great post...With a hoyt you would be able to tune out the lean/issue right?Yokes or something?Im lacking tons of knowledge on hybrids an how to work with them...Im trying to add a well priced hybrid an single cam bow to my family..Just to use for lab work..I will be PMing you with question then...Been meaning to ask how do you like the nighthawk?
you can only tune out top cam lean on most hybrids. I believe the only blowtech and K&K have dual tuning yokes for cam lean. PM away

Schu72

Streetsboro
Reading all of this reinforces how ignorant I am when it comes to bows and tuning them. Just give me sometning that's simple and shoots straight.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I had to buy my shim kit, but thats because I wantedall new hardware. They didnt send me a whole shim kit though. There is actually a space between my limbs and my cams on one side. So to me that is effecting center shot or cam lean if that cam slides left or right, cant remember which side its on. I have no problem buying a 15 dollar shim kit though.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I said design flaw and that may not be the correct wording....manufacturing issue? Every manufacturer has issues and I believe alot of those are customer inflicted ;) I have questions of why, what and that sort of thing but it doesn't really matter besides intellectual curiousity.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Reading all of this reinforces how ignorant I am when it comes to bows and tuning them. Just give me something that's simple and shoots straight.
they are actually all pretty simple for the most part you just need to understand their design and limitations. Its really not too aweful hard.