Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

Stressless

Keene, OH
On this day 30 years ago, Operation UNISOM II, Task Force Ranger … Operation Gothic Serpent … The Battle of the Black Sea … Ma-alinti Rangers (The Day of the Rangers), as it is called in Somalia...

We suffered:
18 KIA
75 WIA

"General Richard Clarke, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), said, "Few missions have left as enduring a legacy as the mission we’re recognizing today … Put this in perspective: 18. Eighteen Silver Stars. Our nation’s third-highest award all being presented for one action, primarily from one company, over one 24-hour period."

If you are looking for an organization to honor and support those at the tip of the spear, severely wounded and those that gave all.
https://specialops.org/

1696347232935.png

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
Time flies.... 20 years, 20 years to the day since I returned home from the OIF invasion with the last chalk of Task Force 20. Kids born when I got home are now 2 and 3 stripers or looking at commissioning in the next year or so. I go to Hurlburt a couple times a week for work or workouts - while the beards and hairdos are unfamiliar there is still an esprit de corps and solid look observing the serving youth, mid grade leaders and most senior leaders. I'm optimistic about our volunteer force and pray for their safety amid the timid and fouled leadership we are seeing / being fed as this crisis festers.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

The more I read, the more pissed off I got… Just another instance where they were used up and shown the door…. Let’s not figure anything out, not enough of them I guess….. 🤬🤬🤬

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

The more I read, the more pissed off I got… Just another instance where they were used up and shown the door…. Let’s not figure anything out, not enough of them I guess….. 🤬🤬🤬
very sad and upsetting for sure J.