Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

We had four platoons in the company and one was female (army 1982). The popular meeting spot was the back stairwell...after basic, we stayed for another 8 weeks of AIT and were granted weekend passes. Anniston Alabama was the nearest town with bars and hotels. If you never had a chance to get laid while in basic, you should’ve joined the navy.😂😂

I was in basic and AIT at Ft. Mclellan (Anniston) Jan-Apr 1982, truer words never written.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was in basic and AIT at Ft. Mclellan (Anniston) Jan-Apr 1982, truer words never written.

I went to basic at Benning where it was all men. Then over to Gordon for 6 months AIT and it was coed. Oh I've got some great campfore stories about that 6 months. Man the stories that Econo lodge could tell.🤣

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I was there June to October ‘82...military police. I think the only other group that had basic there had something to do with chemicals. I found out years later that Ft. Mclellan is one of the most polluted places in our country due to the chemicals that they dumped there.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
8903912F-37ED-4DF8-9082-F89D177A0559.jpeg

Reactions: finelyshedded

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I went to basic at Benning where it was all men. Then over to Gordon for 6 months AIT and it was coed. Oh I've got some great campfore stories about that 6 months. Man the stories that Econo lodge could tell.🤣

Fort Leonard Wood. Combat engineers and truck drivers. They threw a handful of mechanics and medics in to fill the class I am guessing. Most of the guys in my company were combat engineer staying at Leonard Wood. We saw females. They were pretty far away in another area. We marched and saw them on the parade field from a distance. As I recall there was one guy who bragged about getting laid. He was sick or something. Had to see the doctor. Ended up allegedly hooking up with a female there. I don't buy it. The medics went to Fort "Slam" Houston. Mechanics went to Fort Jackson for AIT. We had females on another floor of our barricks. Most of them were not very easy on the eyes. 🤣🤣🤣

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Fort Leonard Wood. Combat engineers and truck drivers. They threw a handful of mechanics and medics in to fill the class I am guessing. Most of the guys in my company were combat engineer staying at Leonard Wood. We saw females. They were pretty far away in another area. We marched and saw them on the parade field from a distance. As I recall there was one guy who bragged about getting laid. He was sick or something. Had to see the doctor. Ended up allegedly hooking up with a female there. I don't buy it. The medics went to Fort "Slam" Houston. Mechanics went to Fort Jackson for AIT. We had females on another floor of our barricks. Most of them were not very easy on the eyes. 🤣🤣🤣
What’s the old saying.....Any port in a storm!😂

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Started at Ft Jackson in 99. Sat in receptions for two weeks. We were told a drill sgt got in trouble for messing with a trainee so we got sent out to other basic training bases. I ended up at Ft Leonard Wood. Then on to Ft Gordon for AIT as a 31L cable wire fiber optics. Reclassed a few years later as a 13M MLRS at Ft Sill. We had females in both basic and AIT, except for 13M training, combat arms was all males.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Started at Ft Jackson in 99. Sat in receptions for two weeks. We were told a drill sgt got in trouble for messing with a trainee so we got sent out to other basic training bases. I ended up at Ft Leonard Wood. Then on to Ft Gordon for AIT as a 31L cable wire fiber optics. Reclassed a few years later as a 13M MLRS at Ft Sill. We had females in both basic and AIT, except for 13M training, combat arms was all males.

Ft Jackson was like summer camp. Leonard Wood was no joke.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hanging out with some of my former coworkers for a few days back up here in Ohio. Talking the old days and our antics over the decades we worked together.
During one conversation it dawned on me, 40 years ago today I left for basic training.....

Wow, 40 years went by in a blink of an eye.... But I wouldn’t of changed a whole lot over those years and definitely grateful for the friendships that were made and time spent with them....