Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
giphy.gif

Already got mine. Surprised?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
When they start wearing grunt uniforms? Thought was army at first, but she was too good looking and wasn’t wearing knee pads….. 😳😂
Around 21-22ish was the date for everyone to look damn near the same except i think marines. The only difference was the color of the thread for name tapes, branches and rank. The AF and Navy went with a lighter brown that blends in you can't tell an E4 from an O5 until it's too late as i found out in Bagram and got chewed out something fierce.

• Wow
Reactions: Stressless

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Around 21-22ish was the date for everyone to look damn near the same except i think marines. The only difference was the color of the thread for name tapes, branches and rank. The AF and Navy went with a lighter brown that blends in you can't tell an E4 from an O5 until it's too late as i found out in Bagram and got chewed out something fierce.
Yeah, I missed a few in my day. Apologize, salute and move on. Always one douche bag out there that’ll prove a point. Usually some new-be 2LT….

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Yeah, I missed a few in my day. Apologize, salute and move on. Always one douche bag out there that’ll prove a point. Usually some new-be 2LT….
Nah it was definitely an O5 that ripped me and the other O3 a new one for not saluting....after that I switched back to civvies. Bagram and Ft Bliss were the only places I consistently wore a uniform during my deployment.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
When I was a MP in the army, I passed two cadets who stopped me and proceeded to chew my ass for not saluting. After explaining to them that they were not officers yet, my LT was standing at the doorway watching what was going on. He then walked over to them and put them at attention. He chewed their ass for a good 3-4 minutes. After wards, on our walk back to the barracks, I thanked him for what he had done….he said “I enjoyed that more than you did”.
On a side note, our squad used to go over his off base apartment and watch football games while me and his wife cooked deer meat that I would bring from home. He was one of the few officers that I actually liked.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
When I was a MP in the army, I passed two cadets who stopped me and proceeded to chew my ass for not saluting. After explaining to them that they were not officers yet, my LT was standing at the doorway watching what was going on. He then walked over to them and put them at attention. He chewed their ass for a good 3-4 minutes. After wards, on our walk back to the barracks, I thanked him for what he had done….he said “I enjoyed that more than you did”.
On a side note, our squad used to go over his off base apartment and watch football games while me and his wife cooked deer meat that I would bring from home. He was one of the few officers that I actually liked.

Once upon a time on a beautiful evening I was raking straight lines in the dirt at batalion. I had just been promoted to E-1 again for the 2nd time that year. A brand new butter bar had some very nice words words with the batalion CSM about saluting. CSM doesn't say shit just looked at this probably 22-year-old butter bar like he was going to eat his brains through his ass. A little while later I hear the battalion commander yell "You Fucking lieutenant get in my office".. 😅😅.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Reading thru my thoughts...
Commander are Bagram '09-'10

The O @Hedgelj encountered deployed was chickenshit in about 100 ways....with a 0-3 standingby 💁
@Sgt Fury Lt was on the mark
@Jackalope CSM had the patience of Job, CO and CSM prolly had a good laff then put he put his, 'learning moment' face on...

In my 30 years in uniform, on to salute or not, "if in doubt, throw it out."

I'll say this, when walking a training base or really anywhere with lots of members not formed up as an 0-6, returning every one is a PITA but thats the only way it works.

@"J" I kept a pair w headgear of fatigues, BDU's(when all the services wore the same with Marines emblem stamped on thiers), Chocolate Chips, DCUs, ABU's, and OCPs.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Reading thru my thoughts...
Commander are Bagram '09-'10

The O @Hedgelj encountered deployed was chickenshit in about 100 ways....with a 0-3 standingby 💁
@Sgt Fury Lt was on the mark
@Jackalope CSM had the patience of Job, CO and CSM prolly had a good laff then put he put his, 'learning moment' face on...

In my 30 years in uniform, on to salute or not, "if in doubt, throw it out."

I'll say this, when walking a training base or really anywhere with lots of members not formed up as an 0-6, returning every one is a PITA but thats the only way it works.

@"J" I kept a pair w headgear of fatigues, BDU's(when all the services wore the same with Marines emblem stamped on thiers), Chocolate Chips, DCUs, ABU's, and OCPs.
A buddy who I worked with for 25+ years who now lives 15 minutes from me, saved every uniform he ever had. Hats included. He had all of his tech school CDC’s as well…. When he moved down, I was up in Ohio helped him pack and move, I told him he had too change his mindset and get rid of stuff that didn’t need moved or kept for that matter. He didn’t, but he is now a couple years later and wiser….. He still kept the brand new fatigue cap that had never been worn 😂