Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Saving face? They quit doing their veteran discount awhile back. Sounds like they are trying to gain a bigger share of the market. Their prices are thru the roof lately. Rural King, Runnings, and similar are giving them heck. I do appreciate what they are offering. Not trying to be negative. It sounds like a great marketing plan.

The last four years have been quite a test for retail stores. Economy can't be helping them now either with inflation hurting the consumers. It's just going to take a little more than 2% to lure me in when their prices are quite a bit higher than the other stores I go to.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lots of places are seeing a drop in revenue. People are pulling back on big ticket items. Just heard ford offering $5k off broncos. First time I’ve ever heard that since they brought them back out….

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've seen rumblings (haven't investigated for myself) that TSC has gone very DEI and is losing market share to Rural King
The only thing TSC has over Rural King is number of locations. I’d use RK instead of TSC if we had one close by…. Right now the closest I believe is Virginia or western part of NC.
We have 3 TSC stores within 30 minutes of travel.

Reactions: Big_Holla