Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weed

Jamie

Ohio
How is eating and drinking foods that contain marijuana (edibles) different from smoking marijuana?
Because marijuana contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), there are health risks associated with using marijuana regardless of the how it is used. Some of these negative effects include having difficulty thinking and problem-solving, having problems with memory, learning and maintaining attention and demonstrating impaired coordination. Additionally, frequent use can lead to becoming addicted to marijuana. However, some risks may differ by the way it is used.
Smoke from marijuana contains many of the same toxins, irritants, and carcinogens as tobacco smoke. Smoking marijuana can lead to a greater risk of bronchitis, cough, and phlegm production. Whereas, edibles, which take longer to digest, take longer to produce an effect. Therefore, people may consume more to feel the effects faster. This may lead to people consuming very high doses and result in negative effects like anxiety, paranoia and, in rare cases, an extreme psychotic reaction (e.g. delusions, hallucinations, talking incoherently, and agitation).

that looks like the results of a google search. half baked generalizations about a complex subject. I don't take any THC, and I don't get "high". it's all in how you process it. healthier than otc nsaids.

decarboxylate. google it.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I would use it for pain management long before I would use some man made pharmaceutical crap.

I'm sure there are a lot of Oxycontin pill heads and heroin users both dead and alive thanks to Purdue Pharmaceuticals that would completely agree with you. Cannabis has been shown time and time again to do a fantastic job at pain and disease management. Big Pharma has been shown time and time again to destroy lives through addiction.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I still stand behind the statement I posted back in March of last year - https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/2019-ncov-coronavirus.26255/post-730531

Big pharma doesn't want it legalized cause it'll effect their monopoly within the drug market.

Government doesn't want it legalized unless they can collect big time taxes off it and/or completely control it.

And any others out there that don't want it legalized, well, their simply naïve and/or ignorant on the matter IMO.

I can think of far worse things that an adult can intake or ingest that is completely legal that government or anyone else for that matter seems to careless, which is sad and pathetic to me.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the discussion within this thread.

Carry on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hedgelj

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
TLSncHw.jpg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Does way more than just get you high, I've seen a local guy that was full of cancer use the oils/straight thc and completely killed his cancer. I have a buddy that has ms, he smokes a little here and there and it really helps with his pain and movement of his muscles. It's not just about passing a Bong around with your buddies.

Bigcountry40

I'm sure there are a lot of Oxycontin pill heads and heroin users both dead and alive thanks to Purdue Pharmaceuticals that would completely agree with you. Cannabis has been shown time and time again to do a fantastic job at pain and disease management. Big Pharma has been shown time and time again to destroy lives through addiction.
Just out of curiosity how many good paying jobs does big pharma create/maintain and how many jobs would legal weed create?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just out of curiosity how many good paying jobs does big pharma create/maintain and how many jobs would legal weed create?

More jobs are created by legal weed than are eliminated. Big pharma has lost a single job due to Ohio's medical marijuana industry, which has created several hundred to a few thousand jobs. I will need to refind the report I read a while back about the direct and indirect job creation #s for the green economy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Interesting question Jon. I'd be curious on those results as well. I've never smoked it, eaten it, or anything. Don't care if someone does so long as they don't do anything to endanger anyone else in the process. If you get high, then get high and stay off the roads. That is my only thing. I wouldn't rule out edibles down the road. For now glucosamine seems to help my knees.