Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weed

Cogz

Cogz
TX
So I'm im all for......die hard consuritive. I tried edibles on a Michigan trip and have worked with stoners all my life..,,,Being a drinker all my life I can't see any downfall for a person using thc...... Legalize it....
Personal preference aside I am pro personal freedom. Have a tough time with other humans deciding you cannot use a plant for business, medicine or recreation. Lots of special interests involved.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
It might not be that bad of an idea to just legalize everything and let natural selection take care of things.
96B846AB-3822-47C6-94D2-BB79F814311B.jpeg

Reactions: 5Cent and Tipmoose

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
The good, the bad, the ugly. I have only seen the ugly side... - the worst was a 16 year old kid I had in class. He was a stoner - shot himself in the head in a car parked next to the school. That was in the late 60's ...........had a good repore with that kid

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
The good, the bad, the ugly. I have only seen the ugly side... - the worst was a 16 year old kid I had in class. He was a stoner - shot himself in the head in a car parked next to the school. That was in the late 60's ...........had a good repore with that kid
You weren't an English teacher by chance were you

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

While that sucks for that kid and his family, it can't be really blamed on weed. Lots of people who don't use weed kill themselves every day. With or without weed the results would have likely been the same for him. If we asked coroners which one is more often laying beside the body, weed or alcohol, the overwhelming response would be legal alcohol. I would dare say that in my opinion weed has probably prevented more suicides than it has ever caused due to it's proven ability to relieve chronic pain, anxiety, and a host of other things.

Reactions: Geezer II

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
While that sucks for that kid and his family, it can't be really blamed on weed. Lots of people who don't use weed kill themselves every day. With or without weed the results would have likely been the same. I would dare say that in my opinion weed has probably prevented more suicides than it has ever caused due to it's proven ability to relieve chronic pain, anxiety, and a host of other things.

Oh for sure also may cause depression for some -

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
If weed caused someone to be depressed, it's one of two reasons. It's actually not weed their smokin or, it's real shitty weed that perhaps cost them an arm & a leg and it bummed'em out.

Never in my life time has weed caused depression. It's always the other way around. In fact, never have I ever witnessed someone depressed after smoking some real good stuff, maybe paranoid a little, but not depressed. Typically, if it's a newbie, they usually laugh their ass off from the experience.

BTW, I do not smoke it on a regular basis anymore. Once in a blue moon nowadays. I used too years ago, but I quit that when my kids came around.

Last edited: