Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well Boys.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
How is this next Hurricane looking Joe?

Looking better for joe and me than earlier forecast. Who knows where it’s really going till it gets in the gulf. Last prediction is not far of a repeat of hurricane Laura. Only it’s more East and will pass over my property and camp. Thursday will be more pinpoint on where it’s going and how strong. I have been in the cone of landfall the last five times and has gone off some. This one was predicted to my door so let’s hope they all wrong again. Just depends on timing and steering currents.

Hurricane tracking is just a fucked up game of guess who. Hopefully she weakens when it reaches the Texas-Louisiana shelf and has shallower and cooler water. It'll still be a 2 or 3 in my opinion though.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The house you purchased, did you research it's elevation and other factors related to storm surges when you picked it out?

Extensively. It sits 21 feet above sea level and is not in a flood zone, another three feet to the actual floor of the house. The flood zone stops right across the road but we still carry a flood policy on the house. When Katrina hit not 30 miles down the road the house was just getting built and was only a slab. Water reached the front yard but didn't reach the house. The neighbors house was dry also. Per the neighbor the houses across the road were largely destroyed by surge and they were all in our yards due to wave action. Some bigshot local developer built this house for his daughter as a wedding present, she lost it in a divorce prior to the previous owners. As such it has all of the wind mitigation stuff. Steel hurricane shutters, foundation, wall, and roof straps etc.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Aw lawd Jesus it's a cotton head rattle moccisan. 😅😅

20201009_210352.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
King snake? I’ve never seen the banded one ever, just the speckled one.

Baby chicken snake. Aka a corn snake.

I've never seen the banded king either. All I ever saw up around Vicksburg too was the speckled one.

We were sitting on the porch with the lights off enjoying the breeze and talking about hurricanes when the wife spotted it on the porch. She wouldn't climb down out of the swing and was insistent I kill it because she didn't believe it wasn't posenous. I picked it up and threw it out in the yard. 😅.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Baby chicken snake. Aka a corn snake.

I've never seen the banded king either. All I ever saw up around Vicksburg too was the speckled one.

We were sitting on the porch with the lights off enjoying the breeze and talking about hurricanes when the wife spotted it on the porch. She wouldn't climb down out of the swing and was insistent I kill it because she didn't believe it wasn't posenous. I picked it up and threw it out in the yard. [emoji28].

Sounds like a for sale sign going up soon. Where she from?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I took advance of the power being off and the kids not home. After I said get dressed and drove 5 minutes to sonic for a shake. Ate it there w the dogs in the truck (pearl and Lolly) got a order of tator tots. Drove home and pulled in and the power came back on. Looked at the wife and said “damn I’m good). She wasn’t impressed as usual [emoji23]

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well I took advance of the power being off and the kids not home. After I said get dressed and drove 5 minutes to sonic for a shake. Ate it there w the dogs in the truck (pearl and Lolly) got a order of tator tots. Drove home and pulled in and the power came back on. Looked at the wife and said “damn I’m good). She wasn’t impressed as usual [emoji23]
Sonic is my go too once a month 😂😂😂

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Sonic is my go too once a month [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I got a large chocolate shake w banana. Started eating it and it was a vanilla shake. Pressed the button and told them they had it wrong and they sent out another one that was right.

They used to do half price on shakes after 8 but not since covid started.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Man I love me some Sonic tots. Glad you guys faired well this time. We all get our turn eventually I guess. After Katrina I'd say you've had your share though.

Reactions: triple_duece