Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well Boys.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not to shabby at all. Can ya still see grass or she flooded?

Surge was only about 6 feet so I had 17 to spare before water got here. It'll take a hurricane bigger than Katrina to flood the house, at which point it'll probably be just a slab. 😅. Typical storm damage. Lost limbs, tons of sticks and leaves, lost the top of a dead oak on the back side of the property, I did see a ridge shingle by the garage when walking around last night but the roof looks good. The blower and rake will get a workout over the next few days.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So as the eye of the storm passed a few miles northwest of us I did what any true man would do, I went outside to have a look around. Interestingly enough I found this American Bittern hunkered down in the back yard trying to avoid the wind behind the fence. It's a northern bird in the heron family that winters around the gulf. After the storm passed and the winds died down he was gone.

20201028_202836.jpg

37758621-480px.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Some of you know but i wanted to make it public knowledge now that it's close to closing. The wife and I close on a home in Ocean Springs Mississippi next week. Right down on the coast near Biloxi. We'll be rolling out of Ohio on Wednesday night. Don't think you guys are going to hear or see any less of me though, i already have a flight back for Strouds and a lifetime Ohio hunting license. 😂 Theres gonna be a "Live from Mississippi" thread here soon! Give me a bit to figure out the fishing and hog hunting and we may have a new TOO event!

View attachment 109677
I’ll teach you everything you need to know about fishing and hog hunting lol