Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What are your summer goals?

hunterkid94

As the title states, what are your outdoor goals for this coming summer? Personally, I want to catch both a bass and a walleye big enough to mount and I want to buy a canoe. What say you?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
The one main "outdoor type" goal that I have for this year is to catch enough crappie and bluegill, as well as find enough mushrooms when they start poppin, to have a mushroom/fish fry this spring.

Outside of that I plan to drink a lot of beer, have a lot of campfires, and throw cornhole all summer.

I like to keep my goals realistic :smiley_clap:

i busted my 40 pound goal last year with a 42 pound shovel head , this year im after the 50 pound goal , and win as many bass and catfish tournaments as i can , my team partner isnt fishing the bfl this year so that gives us more chances to hit smaller tournaments

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
To "master" a baitcaster. For some reason, those things just elude me......

Kat, nice job on the 42lb shovel, that's a heck of a fish!

thank you and when you get the bait caster thing down , ill show ya how to throw a tw30 150 yards , these things are the monster trucks of the bait caster world , they are huge , and will hold over 200 yards of 30 pound mono line

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County

When I was trying to sharpen my skills with a baitcaster, I would take a heavy weighted skirt jig and cut the hook off of it, so I just had the weight and the skirt. I would put a five gallon bucket out in the yard and walk around it at different distances and try to cast into the bucket.

Actually pretty entertaining to do you with your buddies when their is nothing else going on. Couldn't believe how much it improved my skills.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I have all kinds of goals my major goals are here
Jeep: Save up and buy a sound sytem
Put on a new exhaust
Rhino line undercarriage
Make as much money as possible mowing.
Catch a bigger bass than last year(9.5 pounds)
Do wayy more fishing!
Do more scouting and preparation from deer season.
Catch alot and have a great time on my deep sea fishing trip on the west coast (also fishing on the colombia river)
Spend more time and do more training with the dog
And one of my more important goals :work on basketball and get good enough to be on the all tvc team

badger

*Supporting Member*
When I was trying to sharpen my skills with a baitcaster, I would take a heavy weighted skirt jig and cut the hook off of it, so I just had the weight and the skirt. I would put a five gallon bucket out in the yard and walk around it at different distances and try to cast into the bucket.

Actually pretty entertaining to do you with your buddies when their is nothing else going on. Couldn't believe how much it improved my skills.

Used to do the same thing with a hula hoop and a bell sinker, great practice!

I couldn't possibly list everything I want to do, but I'm absolutely doing more of this.

hunterkid94

I have all kinds of goals my major goals are here
Jeep: Save up and buy a sound sytem
Put on a new exhaust
Rhino line undercarriage
Make as much money as possible mowing.
Catch a bigger bass than last year(9.5 pounds)
Do wayy more fishing!
Do more scouting and preparation from deer season.
Catch alot and have a great time on my deep sea fishing trip on the west coast (also fishing on the colombia river)
Spend more time and do more training with the dog
And one of my more important goals :work on basketball and get good enough to be on the all tvc team

Yeah I have a lot planned for my car as well :D

mines just on larger scale , 11 foot rod 5 ounce sinker , and bottom of a 55 gallon drum , at around 100 yards