Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did you do for the deer today?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well I'm not sure what happen with Schaefer's Meat Processing....they never did call me back about when to pick up the 150 pound corn. They was supposed to call me last week Tuesday or Wednesday but never did. So...went to rural king. Bil went in to get the corn and said it just went up 50 cents more.
Try to find a grain elevator, BC.

Reactions: MoonLab

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
3B33BF64-4E65-4567-B6DB-0A47F9F5C8A2.jpeg

Loaded down, time to feed the deer

Reactions: giles

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
IMG_20181007_111812493.jpg

Finally got around to putting this in the ground. Found a pile of fresh cut pine limbs on the way in so that's what I used. The branch isn't as high up as I'd like it to be but it's dressed up with some JVS. Supposed to rain later today and tomorrow so hopefully that'll wash what scent I left away. The place had a bit of standing water anyway since it's creek bottom so I walked through that most of the short walk in. Hopefully the bucks like it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
View attachment 65823

Finally got around to putting this in the ground. Found a pile of fresh cut pine limbs on the way in so that's what I used. The branch isn't as high up as I'd like it to be but it's dressed up with some JVS. Supposed to rain later today and tomorrow so hopefully that'll wash what scent I left away. The place had a bit of standing water anyway since it's creek bottom so I walked through that most of the short walk in. Hopefully the bucks like it.
Nice...is that a cedar post? If so, there is a good chance they will rub it when they come in to the mock scrape. Hopefully it becomes a good community scrape.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I converted my doe decoy to a transgender deer. Dremel and a set of antlers from an old 3D Target.

Attachments

• 20181007_173155.jpg
    20181007_173155.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 20181007_173444.jpg
    20181007_173444.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: hickslawns

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Took Missy (7 yrs old) out to fill deer feeders today. She has never been around deer but wants to shoot one like mine. She was big help with the pears, corn and camera chips. She also found a turkey feather to keep. Now we're seeing why there is cameras in the woods.... Missy also got to shoot a crossbow 3 times today~~Even hit the target 2 out of 3 times.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Took Missy (7 yrs old) out to fill deer feeders today. She has never been around deer but wants to shoot one like mine. She was big help with the pears, corn and camera chips. She also found a turkey feather to keep. Now we're seeing why there is cameras in the woods.... Missy also got to shoot a crossbow 3 times today~~Even hit the target 2 out of 3 times.
Who's Missy?

Isaacorps

Columbus
Started a mock scrape with some JVS yesterday before I settled in and had a doe come to it before the hunt was over. It’s really the only stuff I’ve found that works without spooking them. And she was a big old gal that shoulda known better lol

Reactions: giles and Bigslam51