Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What was your first car?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Only problem I had after putting that 1969 chev. motor into a 1978 pontiac was now when I raced I was bumped two classes up.
Another track
View attachment 12939View attachment 12940

And the type of cars I had to race.
eagleville001 (3).jpg

And thats why I do miss the true, raw power.
and positraction.

Today there is a box of trophies in the basement that hasn't seen the light-of-day in 20 some years and a box of Trans Am pictures the kids know all to well and will run at the first sight of...

But I got the memories and a few stories they may never hear:smiley_cigar:
They just would not understand. Its a Guy Thing.:smiley_beard:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice ride Jim. Would have loved to have that car.

Had a 79' Firebird. It was just a straight FB and not the TA like yours. Mine was released from Canada with a V6 motor. I changed it out for a 350 and a 400 turbo tranny topped with a Holley 4 barrel and Edelbrock manifold and dual pipe exhuast. Chrome air breather and valve covers. Fast SOB but not as fast as yours man. Something about hearing that 4 barrel open and the raw power of a big ol V8 with a good cam lope at idle that just gets the blood pumpin lol. Wish I had taken more pics of more things so I could relive some of the good ol days lol.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Nice ride Jim. Would have loved to have that car.

Had a 79' Firebird. It was just a straight FB and not the TA like yours. Mine was released from Canada with a V6 motor. I changed it out for a 350 and a 400 turbo tranny topped with a Holley 4 barrel and Edelbrock manifold and dual pipe exhuast. Chrome air breather and valve covers. Fast SOB but not as fast as yours man. Something about hearing that 4 barrel open and the raw power of a big ol V8 with a good cam lope at idle that just gets the blood pumpin lol. Wish I had taken more pics of more things so I could relive some of the good ol days lol.

Yup. Something about a Holly 4bl kicken in ...We could have had some fun then!
And probably gone to jail. lol
maybe it was better we didn't know each other...
I had a 3/4 cam w/ hydrophilic lifters. Loved that lope!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am going to have to do some digging and scanning. Thanks for sharing guys. Loving this thread!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
lmaoJust remembered... My beater/winter car was a 72 or 74 Grand Torino I bought off a guy from Fishkill, NY. One night while driving home the headlights went out. I drove the last couple miles w/ just the running lights and a decent moon. The next day I pulled it up close to the garage so I could tell when I found the loose wire. In the fuse box under the dash where the fuse for the lights pressed in was a live 22 round wrapped in foil! When I called him to ask WTF he replied he had forgotten he had done that but at least the lead was pointing towards the drivers side instead of across to the passengers side. Gave her a good look-over after that. :smiley_chinrub:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Classic fix! Love it. You can tell these stories all day long.

I never wrapped a 22 in foil, but I will admit to cheating on some round fuses before. Lmao