Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Wait. They have a spicier version? I was just about to say that it needs a little cayane and I usually add some. I got so hungry cooking it I completely forgot to take a picture of the plate. 😅.
Oh dude… I told ya you haven’t lived until you’ve had it! They have heat, original, cactus dust for a good rub, a fish and chicken and I believe a low sodium as well

Smoked baby backs, jalepeno poppers, and sautéed asparagus tonight!
20210729_175724.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
cedar planked salmon, sauteed Chanterelles, grilled zuke slices. this is a good as I have ever cooked a salmon filet. the quality of this salmon is off the charts, and the cedar smoke on it is out of this world. brushed with bourbon, lightly seasoned with coriander, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. hit it with the juice of half a lemon, some fresh minced rosemary and chives right before I took it off the grill. enjoying a mild case of Stendhal Syndrome at the moment.

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
Lackster, you are doing WAAAAY better at acquiring the golden shrooms than I am Oysters, lol. those are beauties. I cut enough yesterday that I'll have some on my plate every day this week again. can't get enough of them, but they will be winding down here in a week or two.

can you tell me about those quesadillas? might hafta make me some.

Reactions: the Lackster
Lackster, you are doing WAAAAY better at acquiring the golden shrooms than I am Oysters, lol. those are beauties. I cut enough yesterday that I'll have some on my plate every day this week again. can't get enough of them, but they will be winding down here in a week or two.
A good friend of mine shared a spot with me up in the mountains this year that has been out of control with shrooms. Seems like the best spots I have been in this year have been around 2200ft. Good job on the oysters! I could eat them every day.

I have tons of mushrooms, nary a bivalve, but I can't complain. ;)
I read that to fast apparently. Atleast you got the shrooms though.
As for the quesadillas they are very easy. I was using leftover steak so that makes it even more easy. I cut up a good handful "not quite a cup" of steak in small pieces, cut up just over a "loose" cup of chanterelles just because we know they are gonna cook down. I throw my leftover steak in a pan with a little olive oil and let it start heating up, after just a minute throw in a little butter, garlic powder, and the shrooms. Stir it all together and as soon as your shrooms start to reduce take it all out and set it to the side. Heat a little butter in a clean pan and lay you a soft tortilla shell down. Layer it with cheese " I use the quesadilla style from kroger". Evenly distribute the steak and shroom blend and let that start heating up. Lay the second tortilla on top of all of this. Keep it on low heat and watch it closely. When your cheese starts to melt a bit carefully flip it. When it's done enough for you take it up and enjoy.