Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
KIMG2093.JPG

Fried up some fresh sweet Italian, peppers and onions, and made some sammiches

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
Cream of Chanterelle soup, three cheese and rebel sausage grilled cheese. I made this with fresh Chanterelles over the summer a few times and dubbed the classic French soup "liquid heaven". I decided to try it with canned Chanterelles (and pray that Escoffier will not curse me for it) since I have so many, and this soup is simply grand. Hank Shaw was dead on with proclaiming that "This is a rich, lovely soup that screams for Chardonnay..." It is completely foolish to eat this with anything other than the best Chardonnay you can lay your hands on. While using canned instead of fresh mushrooms does lack a teentsy-weentsy bit of the sweetness and aroma that fresh Chanterelles bring, next time I will easily remedy this with a healthy splash of whatever Chardonnay I am serving with when I'm finishing the soup. Magnifique!

IMG_4004.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Grilled our chicken breast tonight on the Ninji after marinating them in concoction I got on line.(soy sauce, garlic oil, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar). Sautéed onions and mushys in olive oil and smothered them over breasts after melting shredded Colby cheese on them. Hash browns on the side. Wife was very pleased and we devoured it.

4F05F039-C6EC-4A1F-8668-FBB45B0197E1.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
Grilled Sixty South salmon, Greek style lemon rice with orzo, chopped salad. Nice evening to do a little grilling.

Today I picked a lemon from the Meijer lemon tree that I inherited from my mother. I bought that tree for her as a Mother’s Day gift 8 or 10 years ago. She loved that tree and really cared for it. It almost always had fruit on it; really nice baseball sized lemons. Meijer lemons are too wonderful to cook rice with. I’m squeezing a nice wedge into my Tito and tonic instead of lime until it’s gone. Got two more ripe ones and two about the size of a golf ball. Those little ones will be ripe in a couple of months.

7905EC68-9300-4F89-93D9-D4356AF9C733.jpeg

Last edited: