Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This is what I prepared last night for our Valentine supper. Shredded chicken tacos and Queso and chips.
D199F8EE-C122-4CB4-B36B-D9B661134DD3.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Last night the wife served up lobster and cowboy stake w potatoes.

As for how to cook the bell peppers….
Cut and clean bell peppers. I prefer them in halves. Next put a pan of water and rack in the pan. Place peppers face down and cover w foil. Cook until tender, then take out the oven. Use a big pan and sauté onions, peppers and celery in butter. For liquid use chicken broth, use Petridge farm herb bread crumbs and Italian bread crumbs, fresh garlic, cayenne pepper, Tony’s seasoning, Italian seasoning , parm cheese, fresh lemon juice. Parsley. Incorporate everything stuffing should be very moist. Add shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp is done. Use same pan that you used to precook peppers and drain water out. Keep the rack in the pan because the peppers w produce water that you don’t want them sitting in. Stuff peppers w them being right side up of course, sprinkle parm cheese on top and Italian bread crumbs, half a Pat of butter and a slice of lemon and place back in oven until slightly browned. Once brown take them out to cool and eat

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Almost cost me a divorce typing that 😂
I never understood that…I’d think people would want other people to enjoy stuff like that. My grandmom made the worlds best bread pudding…had lots of custard and cinnamon in it. She refused to give anyone the recipe. She’s been gone since 2002 and I haven’t had any bread pudding that came close…and probably never will. Would’ve been nice to have her recipe so that I would think of her every time I made it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Women don't like sharing. They don't want any other person to have what they have. Things like this make them special and they like that.
I understand to a point…if you have a kick ass recipe, you don’t want any relatives showing up to a family gathering before you get there with “your special dish”. But…it would be nice to pass it onto someone, maybe leave a note in your will telling the person you want to have it where the recipe book is. I have a friend who makes awesome meatballs and also brines HOT peppers in a sauce that is just as good as the peppers. He sold it in his Italian market before he sold it. I used to put the peppers on hamburgers and put the leftover sauce in my spaghetti. He will not give anyone his recipe. He says only one other person knows…he’s a Mexican who works for him and doesn’t speak a word of English….he says we will never find out!😂😂

Last night the wife served up lobster and cowboy stake w potatoes.

As for how to cook the bell peppers….
Cut and clean bell peppers. I prefer them in halves. Next put a pan of water and rack in the pan. Place peppers face down and cover w foil. Cook until tender, then take out the oven. Use a big pan and sauté onions, peppers and celery in butter. For liquid use chicken broth, use Petridge farm herb bread crumbs and Italian bread crumbs, fresh garlic, cayenne pepper, Tony’s seasoning, Italian seasoning , parm cheese, fresh lemon juice. Parsley. Incorporate everything stuffing should be very moist. Add shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp is done. Use same pan that you used to precook peppers and drain water out. Keep the rack in the pan because the peppers w produce water that you don’t want them sitting in. Stuff peppers w them being right side up of course, sprinkle parm cheese on top and Italian bread crumbs, half a Pat of butter and a slice of lemon and place back in oven until slightly browned. Once brown take them out to cool and eat
There wasn't any other meat in that other than the shrimp?? Stuffed peppers my mom used to make were like meatballs in peppers, I think I like your wife's recipe better!!!

Quick story to my mom's stuffed peppers, literally the LAST time I ever had them I remember choking mine down because I had to, then after dinner I had to go out and split fire wood for a couple hours. Puked those peppers up in no time, damn I can still taste it. Not saying my mom was a bad cook but damn those stuffed peppers were not good at all. Sorry Mom. :ROFLMAO:

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Well, my crew let me do the cooking for the first time at this rotation tonight, so I brought in 2 full mature doe back straps. Marinated for 20 hours in Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic and onion powder. Threw a whole onion, 3/4 stick of butter in the cast and got it ripping. Our oven sucks here, n so I kept it on the stove. Seared all 4 sides then dropped the heat till it felt right. Baked potatoes and asparagus for a side. Not a single bite of leftovers so I think it turned out well.
39243A54-EAA9-4721-8616-B8CB06037DA6.jpeg
4227B441-5C35-489F-ACBE-D1A5974138C5.jpeg

Well, my crew let me do the cooking for the first time at this rotation tonight, so I brought in 2 full mature doe back straps. Marinated for 20 hours in Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic and onion powder. Threw a whole onion, 3/4 stick of butter in the cast and got it ripping. Our oven sucks here, n so I kept it on the stove. Seared all 4 sides then dropped the heat till it felt right. Baked potatoes and asparagus for a side. Not a single bite of leftovers so I think it turned out well. View attachment 173488View attachment 173486
Cooked to perfection 👌🏼

Reactions: TinyTucky