Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Stressless

Keene, OH
Got the shrimp fresh on Sunday, wanted to try the trio which I had at our friends yearly foodie bash a couple times, but never tried to make.
20230814_121357.jpg

Trimmed buck backstrap medallions, fresh deveined shrimp, wrapped in bacon.

Ended the 400° 20m indirect cook with a splash of huckleberry BBQ and 1:30 a side on the HOT side to crisp and caramelize.

20230814_131559.jpg

When I do it again I'll pull to the HOT side at 15m and then finish indirect. Highly recommend 😋

Dang fine lunch for the Mrs and I with lots of leftovers.
20230814_131826.jpg

Feels like FL in August next to 300#'s of 425° metal at noon....

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
Southwest waffle BLT's and Jalapeño, Jalafuego, and Pizza Jalapeño poppers. Waffle Wednesday, although a day late (because of a certain woman that lives here. :rolleyes: ) reaching a new plateau. I will never think of BLT's the same again. Breakfasting on a waffle BLT tomorrow is going to be superb. :D

IMG_4178.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nudder pork butt smoked today cuz I was running out of room in fridge. We’ll nibbled on it this weekend and vacuum pack the majority of it for future feasts. Used Matt’s 275 degree pellet smoke method and started at 11am and it hit IT of 165-170 just 5 hours in and I moved off grating into foil pan and smothered with butter, honey and brown sugar after dusting heavy with more MC Honey Hog. It hit 202 IT around 5:30 and it rested for 2 hours till 7:30. Turned out GREAT!
IMG_0231.jpeg
IMG_0242.jpeg
IMG_0240.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If y’all never tried Matt’s version of smoked cream cheese you need to, it’s heavenly! This one was just done in the oven at 250 for an hour using Holy Voodoo and Holy Gospel. Topped off with my homemade peach/pepper jam. Goes great with cold beers.😎🍺

IMG_0326.jpeg
IMG_0328.jpeg

Here’s a link to Matt’s recipe

Jamie

Ohio
If y’all never tried Matt’s version of smoked cream cheese you need to, it’s heavenly! This one was just done in the oven at 250 for an hour using Holy Voodoo and Holy Gospel. Topped off with my homemade peach/pepper jam. Goes great with cold beers.😎🍺

View attachment 183373View attachment 183374

Here’s a link to Matt’s recipe

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

(and please, for the love of Christ, crop your clod hoppers out of future food pics.🤮)

With all the rich food you guys eat I'm surprised there isn't a whole string of posts on Gout treatments on this site!

I had a baloney sammich on white bread with mayonnaise for dinner...Wasn't worth posting a picture of here though.