Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

The first and only roast I made it was tough as hell TOO. Not sure where I went wrong.

Could the tough roast be a sign of over cooking? Not using enough liquid in the crockpot?

My wife made one not too long ago that was real tough after cooking it for around 4-5 hours in the crock pot. We ate it that night and I just told her to put a little more water in it the next day and cook it longer. Sure enough it fell apart with a fork. My bet is it wasn't cooked long enough or hot enough in the crock pot for the length of time.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Nice and tender venison roast for lunch!!

Buckmaster

Portage
I always render the balance of the carcass, bones, and skin into broth for the next batch. Same with turkeys. But during the winter I'm always skimming off the top and collecting poultry fats for my annual sausage making.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
uploadfromtaptalk1481852154157.jpg

Lightly breaded backstrap pan fried in brown butter with some baby Yukon gold taters and green beans. One of the finer meals I'll ever make. Momma is eating for two and she sure did just that tonight! Most I've seen her eat in a long time, so that made me happy!

Gordo

Athens County
Nice! That looks like the real deal kielbasa.

My folks used to always get there's at the west side market when they lived up north. Great stuff

There was also this sausage/meet spot up near Hinckley. I think it was every Saturday they'd have the smoke pits and grills fired up and would be giveing out samples. Place is awesome

Gordo

Athens County
Nice! That looks like the real deal kielbasa.

My folks used to always get there's at the west side market when they lived up north. Great stuff

There was also this sausage/meet spot up near Hinckley. I think it was every Saturday they'd have the smoke pits and grills fired up and would be giveing out samples. Place is awesome

That spot is 'gibbs' in North Olmsted, not hinckley. Just talked to my folks. Columbia Station. Where ever that's at