Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
20170123_221018.jpg
Pull beef and mashed potatoe...it turned out great for my first time making it. It was juicy and and tender.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
My next step hopefully this weekend is making a smoker box to attach to my char broiler to smoke the ribs. Right now Im fabricating and getting ready to tack/ weld it up. Hopefully get the box done. I will take pictures and put it in the DIY thread of my first smoker box

Jamie

Ohio
Asparagus and Leek bisque (with optional lump crabmeat included) riding proudly next to a grilled home made parmesan sausage, aka "pizza brat". if you like asparagus, this soup is for you. very easy, very tasty. I got the recipe off the back of a box of Kirkland brand chicken stock. for reals. :smiley_bril:

asparagus and leek soup.jpg

Blan37

SW Ohio
Asparagus and Leek bisque (with optional lump crabmeat included) riding proudly next to a grilled home made parmesan sausage, aka "pizza brat". if you like asparagus, this soup is for you. very easy, very tasty. I got the recipe off the back of a box of Kirkland brand chicken stock. for reals. :smiley_bril:

View attachment 51643

Nice. Where'd you get your sausage recipe? Was it from that book you recommended by Rytek Kutas? At least I think it was you who recommended it...

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
yes, that was me, but no, that recipe is not from Kutas' book. it was given to me by a friend. we make this fresh with pork shoulder or pork and venison and put in bratwurst size casing for grilling or frying. I also put this in 2" fibrous casings with cure and smoke it. pretty spicy with lots of fennel and ground and crushed red pepper, and, of course, a goodly amount of grated parmesan.

Blan37

SW Ohio
yes, that was me, but no, that recipe is not from Kutas' book. it was given to me by a friend. we make this fresh with pork shoulder or pork and venison and put in bratwurst size casing for grilling or frying. I also put this in 2" fibrous casings with cure and smoke it. pretty spicy with lots of fennel and ground and crushed red pepper, and, of course, a goodly amount of grated parmesan.

Sounds awesome. Love the taste of fennel / anise in sausage.

You ever try making squirrel sausage? I found this recipe a while back. I wanted to make some this year but haven't bagged any squirrel this year:

Squirrel Sausage

2 feet sheep casings
2 pounds squirrel meat
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1/8 tsp mace
1/8 tsp cardamom
1/8 tsp allspice