Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Reagan

Milford, OH
I did Hank’s goose prosciutto and pickled walnuts.

Prosciutto was great. I have three jars of pickled walnuts if anybody wants them. Dumped the fourth jar after trying to eat it a couple of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie

Ohio
Earth's Gifts

some days are just better than others. mine ended with a plate of grilled venison loin, ramps caramelized in browned butter with chanterelle mushrooms, and mashed white taters.

earths gifts.jpg

one of the best dinners we've ever cobbled together here. and my day began with cranking out 200 lbs. of various sausages with my friend Greg (Switchitter) just as we have every year for well over a decade now. ate good today, will eat good later on, too.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My retirement goal is to open a high end Latin cuisine restaurant and this is the signature dish. Smoked pork carnitas. I put this bone-in shoulder on the smoker for a couple hours this morning, then braised it 7 hours in an ancho and chipotle chili sauce, then added crema, cojita cheese, pickled red onion and fresh pico.

IMG_20180414_190129_160.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I didn't take pics of our meal on Saturday at AEP since it was dark, but it was one of the best I've ever made/had. I marinated a breast from my jake last year for 2 days in a vacuum bag with a citrus and garlic marinade, then breaded and deep-fried strips of it. We caught a dozen bluegill, filleted them, breaded and fried them as well. Then I dropped a whole stick of butter in my cast iron dutch oven and fried up some yukon gold taters, mixed in freshly dug ramps, flash fried morels and some canned chanterelles. Son! :cool: