Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Jamie

Ohio
made stock yesterday for the first pot of green beans, potatoes, and ham. gonna be served with fresh baked bread and side of Chanterelles.

IMG_3489.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
sous vide/grilled venison eye of round, last of my fresh Chant's sauteed, grilled green beans, herbed high heat roasted red skin potatoes. as much as I enjoyed this, I think I'd have preferred warreye taco.

View attachment 132666
I think the eye of round is my favorite cut of meat from a deer. Don’t get me wrong, I love backstrap as much as anyone. But the eye of round is simply perfect in every way. I equate it to the little “cutlet” tender underneath the breast of a dove or a duck or a goose… the whole breast is good, but that one little piece is like the icing on the cake.

Jamie

Ohio
I think the eye of round is my favorite cut of meat from a deer. Don’t get me wrong, I love backstrap as much as anyone. But the eye of round is simply perfect in every way. I equate it to the little “cutlet” tender underneath the breast of a dove or a duck or a goose… the whole breast is good, but that one little piece is like the icing on the cake.
the tenderloins are my favorite, but the eye of round is an excellent cut. very much worth the trouble of liberating it from the round and cleaning it up. I have not ground these up for a long time. cooked this way, these are as tender and tasty as a loin chop. blindfolded, I'm not sure I could tell the difference.