Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I manned the FIL’s grill tonight and fed a dozen or so with this mess.

08F1BD46-28DF-4AF3-A182-F8D6FF8825DF.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
Fish fry at the Lackey's. Fried catfish, frog legs, cheese grits, potato salad, coleslaw, homemade tartar sauce, deviled eggs, peach cobbler, blackberry cobbler, and a whole lot more. Great time with friends and family.View attachment 134740View attachment 134739View attachment 134738
good lord, man, with a spread like that you don't need any mushrooms!!!

I totally lucked into the ones I found, and it was a completely unexpected surprise, and they might well be the only ones I get this year. I left about 75% of them behind since they had started to spore and would not be good to eat. wish I had found them a week earlier. I've noticed that in the last few years that I find more mushrooms simply because I ALWAYS have one eye out for them when I'm in the woods, even if I'm not really hunting mushrooms. I saw some nice Chanterelles still growing at a bow shoot on Saturday.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
View attachment 135227View attachment 135228
Homemade venison chili…with a side of corn bread!👍
Deer chili and peanut butter sammiches and apple crisp are how it’s done a lot up around these parts. It (regular chili and same side dishes of course) were a staple at our high school at least 3-4 times a month if not more and we had it about as often during the fall and winter at home. I think I’ll get a package of deer burger out tonight to start thawing, thanks George!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
For some reason you can never make just a little jambalaya. I saved some for lunch tomorrow but still had a bunch leftover. So I'm heading to town to drop the rest off with some homeless fellas I see quite often up by the circle K. I'm not a fan of giving them money or enabling them to hang around, but I can't in good conscious throw two good meals in the trash knowing someone might be hungry.