Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We had sweet tators in the redwood coals w all kind of deer sausage, cowboy pork chops and filet mignon. Off the hook and I had a buzz from drinking snd playing cornhole. Let’s just say it’s off the hook w great friend, food and at the camp. We also had asparagus and mushrooms.
BE277560-7342-41DD-806D-E0887C5F66F9.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
128014C2-B43F-47D1-945E-3DB5F3BCAB25.jpeg
16620FEE-C689-4EF2-9D4D-4464A4691178.jpeg

I fried up some of Corkscrew today for lunch and Karissa, Shelby and her BF Robert tore it up! He had never had venison before. I fried up some tenderloin which they ate up as fast as I could fry it(like us at the CH...lol) and then I fried up 4 slices of cubed backstrap with some gravy and knocked it outta of the park. It gone....😂🤣
fried in butter after dredging in flour on medium low heat and seasoned with Lowerys and black pepper.😜

Jamie

Ohio
View attachment 141764
Chops from my black bear. Seared and cooked in butter on the cast iron. Delicious

Texture was flakier than beef, flavor was a blend of beef and venison.
bear meat is underrated. the fall bear I killed in Ontario was some of the finest game meat I've ever eaten. ground bear meat made the best burgers you can imagine. Nancy told me that I needed to kill more bears, lol.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
bear meat is underrated. the fall bear I killed in Ontario was some of the finest game meat I've ever eaten. ground bear meat made the best burgers you can imagine. Nancy told me that I needed to kill more bears, lol.
One of the articles i read about bear hunting prior to our hunt (prolly a meateater article) stated that in Daniel Boone's time deer were only used for their hides or if you weren't a good hunter. Bear meat was the preferred protein on the frontier homesteads

Reactions: the Lackster