Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

@the Lackster inspired me, I hadn't thought of smoking shrimp. The recipe I followed was basically some cajun seasoning and a garlic butter mixture. Turned out pretty delicious.

Looks killer and they are quick on the smoker!

Reactions: Creamer

Jamie

Ohio
Felt like trying to be a fancy chef tonight. Pan seared Mahi Mahi and mushroom risotto. It’s delicious but holy shit it takes forever to make risotto! Not sure if I’ll ever make it again 😂View attachment 144669
Yes, Risotto is a pain in the ass, but totally worth it if done well. Marry an Italian woman. they are genetically programmed to happily make Risotto. 😁

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
I don't normally cook like this on a Friday night, but my hip would not cooperate enough to turn the dogs loose again today, so I cooked. I know I've posted a picture of this meal, or one very similar, before but this is worth repeating. and for the record, I cannot help but feel genuinely sorry for all of the people in this world who cannot procure Ramps, Chanterelle mushrooms, venison loin and Yukon Gold potatoes. I'm a peasant eating like a King eating like a peasant.

sous vide/seared venison loin, mashed potatoes, ramp/chanterelle gravy and high heat roasted vegetables. and good American made Vodka.

IMG_3705.jpg