Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lorie killed it again tonight with this pile! Fried backstrap, doctored up baked beans and candied sweet potatoes! We’re both bloated like dog ticks and will have Apple Nut Cake in a lil while after things settle. Lmao
B015899C-3AD9-4A3F-81B9-7A279C641CAA.jpeg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So no pics sorry guys.

I started with browning bacon chunks, then added diced red onion, a bunch of minced garlic and a container of sliced baby portabello mushrooms. Once this all cooked down i portioned off a quarter of it. Added chunks of cream cheese to the rest and mixed it until it was well mixed and soft.

Took 2 venison backstraps. Cut them into a flat sheet 1/4-1/2" thick. The smaller one got the reserved stuff from above and then a healthy dose of blue cheese crumbles. The larger one got the mixture with the cream cheese.

Folded them back onto themselves and used toothpicks to hold them together. Used a sweet all purpose rub generously on the outside.

Grilled at 500° to medium rare.

OMG delicious....i could've eaten myself sick.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I also took some venison ribs, cut in half and then into 3-4 bone sections. A cup of apple cider and some beef stock. In the instant pot for 35 minutes.

Pulled them out, seasoned them with bbq seasoning and let to cool.

Onto the 500° grill with indirect heat to char and then coated with bbq sauce.

Overall very good but needs less time in the instant pot, overcooked.