Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20240817_193847.jpg

Warm up for AC/DC cover band. Lazy Acres Campground ~~ Nashport Ohio

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Things are rocking right along here and we hope to be ready for opening day of bow season. This has been a long journey, but we see a little light at the end! I have never been the "contractor" of anything, so this has been a learning experience! I really hope to be getting on here more when things level out some!!!View attachment 197974View attachment 197975View attachment 197976View attachment 197977View attachment 197978View attachment 197979View attachment 197980View attachment 197981View attachment 197982View attachment 197983

Hell yes! This is an awesome build and I am wishing you all success🍻

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hey all, been about an 8 day disconnect for me from the interweb. The wife and I headed out for another cruise to Alaska for our 40th anniversary. We both disconnected from the internet and only turned the phones back on to update the kids to our whereabouts when we hit a port.
It was a great break from our day to day lives. It’s easy to get caught up in everyday BS and get into that rhythm and sometimes it’s the disconnect that’s needed to reconnect just the two of you.
We both had a great time, no real stress other than the travel days to and from Seattle. The trip home was a long one and probably the most stressful. But the USO in Seattle made it a lot more bearable. Kudos to that organization and their volunteers who run and maintain them.
Alaska was and will always be the best place I’ve ever visited for sights, gorgeous scenery and it’ll entertain you for hours and hours. Beaches and oceans are nice, but they don’t hold a candle to the mountains and green forests that surround them. If any of you make it to Hoonah Icy Strait Point, you’ll be doing yourself a disservice if you don’t do that zip line!
We got home yesterday morning and been slowly getting back into the grind of our everyday lives, reconnecting with the kids and grandson. Catching up on texts and phone calls (yes people still do that) and not sure if I’ll go back and read the pages that were added in my absence or not. But I probably will….. Too my brother from another mother, thanks for your concern, thanks for checking in on me…… 👍🏼
PS: For those looking forward to pictures? Yeah we left the camera at home, this one was all about us….. 😂

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
FEEL GOOD MOMENT:
Put a blind on Marketplace for parts. 2 different guys did not show up. Guy comes over for it and say's you know Madd Maxx? (Sign at our driveway) I laughed and told him Maxx was inside. He was fixing a blind so his boy 6 yrs old could go hunting with him. I said your boy have a bow? And then went inside to retrieve an older crossbow that would be great for a kid to learn fundamentals (125# recurve crossbow). When we opened the hatch the boy was inside and GOT ALL EXCITED ABOUT DADS NEW BOW! When we told him it was his, he couldn't even talk.... for real is all he could say. PRICELESS!
When we were closing the hatch, we heard him saying "Mom can I please shoot that when I get home?" That's when the allergies kicked in a little..... Maxx Dogg has new fiends too....