Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Never understood the whole debris concern because I spray mine out before doing anything with them. From first incision to cleaned out, it took me 5 minutes to gut Kaydence's deer. For me, it's easy but I get that it's not for others. Especially the ones with wimpy stomachs like @giles 😂
I've seen guys not paying attention when dragging deer out and end up with the entire stomach cavity coated in leaves and other woods debris. I have noticed that if I split the pelvis when field dressing I get more dirt on the rear quarters when dragging. So I only use that technique in short drags or when the sxs can get close.

Reactions: Tipmoose

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Never understood the whole debris concern because I spray mine out before doing anything with them. From first incision to cleaned out, it took me 5 minutes to gut Kaydence's deer. For me, it's easy but I get that it's not for others. Especially the ones with wimpy stomachs like @giles 😂
It would probably take me 30-40 min or so and I'd be almost guaranteed to bust the piss sack. Lol.

I've never hunted anyplace that has running water or a hose. Usually just a tree limb and a rope/gambrel.

One things for damn sure. If I had to hunt in the canyons and peaks out at strouds, I wouldn't haul anything out I didn't have to! I barely escaped with my life last time!! :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It would probably take me 30-40 min or so and I'd be almost guaranteed to bust the piss sack. Lol.

I've never hunted anyplace that has running water or a hose. Usually just a tree limb and a rope/gambrel.

One things for damn sure. If I had to hunt in the canyons and peaks out at strouds, I wouldn't haul anything out I didn't have to! I barely escaped with my life last time!! :)
Did you ever order that “Life Alert”?

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Did you ever order that “Life Alert”?
giphy(15).gif

Way to chase that dream lackster!! One heck of a building, setup and start to the season! How in the world are you able to keep up with working a full time job, have a few folks cutting for ya?
Well, I came home to cut meat full time. My wife is working from home, and homeschooling our daughter. I want to be home with them and do what I love! It's been awesome so far.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
FEEL GOOD MOMENT:
Put a blind on Marketplace for parts. 2 different guys did not show up. Guy comes over for it and say's you know Madd Maxx? (Sign at our driveway) I laughed and told him Maxx was inside. He was fixing a blind so his boy 6 yrs old could go hunting with him. I said your boy have a bow? And then went inside to retrieve an older crossbow that would be great for a kid to learn fundamentals (125# recurve crossbow). When we opened the hatch the boy was inside and GOT ALL EXCITED ABOUT DADS NEW BOW! When we told him it was his, he couldn't even talk.... for real is all he could say. PRICELESS!
When we were closing the hatch, we heard him saying "Mom can I please shoot that when I get home?" That's when the allergies kicked in a little..... Maxx Dogg has new fiends too....
Remember this?
Screenshot_20240930-220343_Facebook.jpg