Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Never understood the whole debris concern because I spray mine out before doing anything with them. From first incision to cleaned out, it took me 5 minutes to gut Kaydence's deer. For me, it's easy but I get that it's not for others. Especially the ones with wimpy stomachs like @giles 😂
I've seen guys not paying attention when dragging deer out and end up with the entire stomach cavity coated in leaves and other woods debris. I have noticed that if I split the pelvis when field dressing I get more dirt on the rear quarters when dragging. So I only use that technique in short drags or when the sxs can get close.

Reactions: Tipmoose

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Never understood the whole debris concern because I spray mine out before doing anything with them. From first incision to cleaned out, it took me 5 minutes to gut Kaydence's deer. For me, it's easy but I get that it's not for others. Especially the ones with wimpy stomachs like @giles 😂
It would probably take me 30-40 min or so and I'd be almost guaranteed to bust the piss sack. Lol.

I've never hunted anyplace that has running water or a hose. Usually just a tree limb and a rope/gambrel.

One things for damn sure. If I had to hunt in the canyons and peaks out at strouds, I wouldn't haul anything out I didn't have to! I barely escaped with my life last time!! :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It would probably take me 30-40 min or so and I'd be almost guaranteed to bust the piss sack. Lol.

I've never hunted anyplace that has running water or a hose. Usually just a tree limb and a rope/gambrel.

One things for damn sure. If I had to hunt in the canyons and peaks out at strouds, I wouldn't haul anything out I didn't have to! I barely escaped with my life last time!! :)
Did you ever order that “Life Alert”?

• Haha
Reactions: Hedgelj

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Did you ever order that “Life Alert”?
giphy(15).gif

• Haha
Reactions: "J"