Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your crossbow setup?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I shoot the TenPoint Titan TL4 and it's a tack driver as well..... Have the 3 dot sight and wasn't really a fan of them at first but once I got used too it I really am liking it.... Third year using it and really like it.... I had an older tenpoint and I sold it too upgrade and made a good move doing it..... I shoot the Thunder head 125's and have been using them since they came out and was shooting the compound back then and just kept it going when I switched too the cross bow thing..... Always had good luck with them and I always stick with what works until some shows me the light too something new.....

My comfort zone is about 30-35 yards and within that range I've never had any issues.... But some days I wish I would expand it a little lol..... Mine came with the hand crank and I didn't like it and just pull it back I thought it made too much noise when not in use, might of just been me but wasn't comfortable with it.....

Gordo

Athens County
Id rather stick with a fixed blade for the old mans set up. He's old school as shiot and isnt big on 'change'. The xbow is going to b overwhelming to him enough, throw in a mechanical and he might have a nervous break down. Lol

Not sure why the slick tricks arent flying well out of that thing

Gordo

Athens County
Uh oh. Troubles on the first full day with the xbow. Just happened as i was cocking with the accudraw!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346551162.137861.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346551290.486289.jpg

What a bummer. As you can see that pin has slid out a bit. I know they have great warranty but this sucks. I guess better to have it happen now.

Anyone have any suggestions or should i just send it to the factory? Doesnt appear to b that difficult of a fix. Im assuming i'd need a bow press and the cap that came off.

Damn!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Send it up too tenpointcrossbows and let them deal with it.... should have it back before season and zeroed back in.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
If you have one, take it to a local Tenpoint shop and let them know you are very disappointed that this happened to a new bow. They will fix it and if any part needs to come from Tenpoint, they will most likely send it next day and sometimes will tell a dealer to use one they have to fix it and they keep the new part on arrival. (let them know you chose Tenpoint over Parker and this happens?) Or call Tenpoint direct and complain. They will bend-over backwards to show how tenpoint stands behind their bows. (And sometimes will send a few arrows or other goodies to make it right) Voice of experience here...LOL. Free stuff is always good! Helps with the hassle and all............

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
That really sucked. Bad flashback of when i first learned to ride a bike and the tire blew out.

I'll b driving to nearest ten point shop. This whole thing is a suprise for my dad that my sisters also threw in on. He's coming down next weekend to pick up the horton hunter we've had for about 20 years to start getting her dialed in. I gotta get this taken care of asap. I'll b doing my best 'asshole' impression

Gordo

Athens County
Let me know if anyone knows of a knowlegable dealer. There's plenty of them around, just a matter of finding the right one .

I'm sure once i get on the phone with TP they'll put me in the right direction

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Looks good SteveO. Those horton hunters and hunter supremes are a good crossbow. They're getting hard to find~~especially in the condition yours is!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One thing about ten point.... every time I've contacted them they always are quick with a response and even ask me too call and talk too a Rep with a name included too contact....

Its all about customer service.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Parker is the same way....They will bend over backwards for you if there is a problem. I hear Barnett is not so good.....

That's the thing Rick with all things equal or close too it.... customer service is the thing that puts them over the top....

Gordo

Athens County
I just realized ten points main headquarters is in mogadore Ohio. Convenient. Should b able to take care of her in a snap. :smiley_coolpeace: