Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your crossbow setup?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah, about a mile (south) or so from Rte 224 of either rte 43 or 44 I get those two screwed up :smiley_clap: There's a pro shop right next too it as well on the west side of the plant if I remember right.....

Gordo

Athens County
Just needed an xbow press. And a 'jesus' clamp.(i think thats what it was called. Either way it was the same exact one used by ten point. I guess its common on alot of things, and thats what came off that allowed the pin to slip

Gordo

Athens County
I was planning on stickin with a 100 grain broadhead on this set up unless someone can talk me into going heavier.

Any great benefits of doing so?

Gordo

Athens County
Im going to shoot a couple muzzies tonight out of it to see how arrow flight is.

If i dont like what i'm seeing, ill more then likely pick up some spitfires. Ive used rages out of my regular bow a couple years back and they did a great job. I just couldnt stand that damn 'o' ring.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I use a 3 blade muzzy and always make sure the blades are lined up with the vanes. It makes them fly great.

You can also line them up easily by using o rings, though you said you didn't like them! lol

Gordo

Athens County
The 'o' ring for that purpose is very very clever! Big Thanks! I never thought of that

With the old horton hunter we always shot muzzy's and would line them up with the vanes and get good flight

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I use the Barnett Preaditor X-bow, Single red dot. Good to 45 yards. Rage 3 blade broadheads.
I havent lost a deer since going to the rages from the muzzys. The muzzys dont seem to like speedy bows.
awsome groups with the rages.

Gordo

Athens County
He about pissed himself. It was awesome. I should have taken some pictures! Hopefully it'll make its picture debut opening week!

Just like me he couldn't get over the accuracy, the scope, just altogether how far crossbows have come.

Thanks again to your hubby for his reassurance of the purchase!

The old man is now in 'practice practice practice' mode. He's setting up a little archery range at his work today so he can shoot 3 to 4 times a day. I'll say he'll get comfortable with it real quick!

It was great timing as he needed a little spark!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
That is absolutely great! I'm glad both of you are pleased with it and that you got to see his reaction!