Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your crossbow setup?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He about pissed himself. It was awesome. I should have taken some pictures! Hopefully it'll make its picture debut opening week!

Just like me he couldn't get over the accuracy, the scope, just altogether how far crossbows have come.

Thanks again to your hubby for his reassurance of the purchase!

The old man is now in 'practice practice practice' mode. He's setting up a little archery range at his work today so he can shoot 3 to 4 times a day. I'll say he'll get comfortable with it real quick!

It was great timing as he needed a little spark!

Now that's cool.... Congrats on hittting the homerun with your dad Gordo.....

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I've been running a Horton Hunter XS with a Leupold 2-7x32. This model i upgraded from the 1st edition Legend that the limbs kept cracking on me 5-6x in the 1st year so i returned it.. The bow is bout 8 years old and havent had any issues with it at all. The only changes or dislikes i have is the weight, its not a very light bow. There are plenty of pros' to it; such as it shoots a 2219 xx75 with a 125gr Thunderhead at 320fps. I have no problem shooting 40yds all day long with groups under 3-4inches. so taking a deer its sweet... Also it has these silencing hoses around the cable system that work awesome, plus i installed the aftermarket silencers as well and it is extremely quiet.
FY2012 I upgraded to the TenPoint Stealth XLT.. Bad ass bow, all stock with a Leupold on it and it shoots 50yds all day.. Very light and compact and it is so much better then any Horton ever made. Its smooth ad the trigger is awesome..

I'm fixing to get my first crossbow,a Stryker sz 380.I plan to add either a the new Nikon crossbow scope or a hawke optics model..Gonna try black eagle executioners with wraps an silent knight 200 vanes an 100grain Slick trick magnums(420-430 grain total) if I can get then to fly well at the speeds I should get.

doegirl

I have a Barnett Ghost 400 with a crank cocking device. I use Spitfire broadheads. As for Barnett having poor customer service, that has not been my experience. I had the bow's scope fog up on me and Barnett had a new scope sent to me within a weeks time. They didn't even ask me to return the defective one.