Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where's everyone hunting this weekend?

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
You guys can suck IT!! It is eactly 23 yards to the far bank!! Two years ago I cut brush to restrict access to anyplace on the pond that was beyond 23 yards. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Taking Tracie to Paradise in the morning. In the afternoon, I'll most likey be in a thin strip of timber. I have acorns all around the stand. Corn to the west, beans to the east. Water below me. Bedding to the north. Same tree where Crazy Rack and Hook Jr. were walking past earlier this year. I'll pull the camera Thursday and see what she tells me...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Taking Tracie to Paradise in the morning. In the afternoon, I'll most likey be in a thin strip of timber. I have acorns all around the stand. Corn to the west, beans to the east. Water below me. Bedding to the north. Same tree where Crazy Rack and Hook Jr. were walking past earlier this year. I'll pull the camera Thursday and see what she tells me...

There may not be corn there this weekend...they started cutting some of it on Hearn's farm over the weekend...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
There may not be corn there this weekend...they started cutting some of it on Hearn's farm over the weekend...

Sweet Jesus man. I'll have a boner that'll need slammed in a car door if that corn goes down before this weekend!!! I might just jump out of my stand and stab Crazy Rack with my Johnson! LOL! HAHAHA.

In a deadly stab kinda way. Not in a Swantucky stab kinda way!!!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
With all the corn coming off early, what kind of % increase in harvest numbers you think well see or do you think it won't impact overall harvest numbers?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm taking Friday off work and heading down to Carroll County for some last minute scouting and prep work. Saturday morning, I'll be hunting in a transition zone between two bedding areas. This stand is easily accessible and I can get to it quietly. I'm mainly just setting up to get a better feel of what's going on... not necessarily to harvest a deer. If a biggun walks by, I'll let him have it, but I'm going to the Indians game Saturday night so I won't have time to fugg around with butchering a deer. Basically, this weekend is just a reconnaissance mission for me.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Im gonna be hiding in a groundblind under a Burr Oak with my 7 year old... The tree is raining nuts, deer are burning it up, though mostly at night. I am hoping the temp drops as predicted and the deer move a little earlier. We have a couple of dandies coming in, but only small bucks before sundown.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I will be hunting a standing corn field edge in a small thicket they are using to travel from bed to water. After my morning hunt I will be checking a couple trail cams I have setup in two other sections that have been known to produce bucks to decide where to hunt in the evening.

Last edited:

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Well I am still kind of up in the air. Waiting to hear when my relief will be here but if I get out of here Friday I will be hunting on the property CJD and I live on. If I get out of here later I am heading to Southern Ohio to hunt one of the Rough Necks that I am friends with on his family farm. He has showed me game trail photos with a large qty of bucks that have been showing up. He lives close to Salt Fork, they have tons of deer on the property.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Afraid I'll be back on the pad and working. :smiley_coffee:

I'll be looking foward to the reads!!! :smiley_bignews:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
i decided to sighn up for this remedial driving class all day sat. i n hopes that the judge will have some mercy on me and not take my license away. i also called today and got him to postpone it until next wed. that way i could do it. so hopefully it works out to my advantage. this class is supposed to take two points off and you can only take it once in your life. i will be turning over a new leaf and actually pay more attention to my speed instead of hauling ass everywhere. this hassle is def. not worth being in a hurry all the time

rrr

Good idea rgecko.

I will be hunting plenty of white tail this weekend, though after listening to Jack, I won't be picky if it's a little different hue.

Livin' vicariously though you guys.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Supposed to rain tomorrow, so I pulled my cards midday today. Nothing to show from the buck party location except a couple young bucks, does and fawns. Other camera had the same except half the pictures were coons. The other card had pictures of me. I had moved it, and I think last year's batteries on the Trophy Cam final gave out. Never saw an indicator, but there is no other explanation. Just didn't take any pics beyond the day I set it up. It was turned on, and I have it locked up pretty good. It will take pictures while you are moving it around unlocking it. There were none.

I guess I will check the radar, watch my son's soccer game in the morning and hunt wherever my gut tells me Saturday evening. Probably going to be a location I have not hung a camera. My gut is telling me to hunt the direction most of the bucks are entering the camera at night. I just might find a spot they are milling around before their travels in the evenings. I have an idea where the staging area might be, but just haven't hung around in there much yet.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
i decided to sighn up for this remedial driving class all day sat. i n hopes that the judge will have some mercy on me and not take my license away. i also called today and got him to postpone it until next wed. that way i could do it. so hopefully it works out to my advantage. this class is supposed to take two points off and you can only take it once in your life. i will be turning over a new leaf and actually pay more attention to my speed instead of hauling ass everywhere. this hassle is def. not worth being in a hurry all the time

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I took that class in my youf. It sucks to take if you have been up all night touching pee-pees wif girls. I'll never forget how hungover and how bad my wiener hurt. Have fun paying for insurance!! Mine was more than my car payment!

I can remember calling my Mommy at 2:30am to axe for a wake up call. I am a bad son.