Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which Drop-Away Rest??

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
There probably a better markup for them with the quad versus the limbdriver ..just saying..

Yep. They just sold you a load of BS so they could make more $. Look around Chuck, some of the best archers on this forum use and recommend LD's. Guys who truly know what they are doing. Not some dipshit at a bow shop trying to make a buck. I have no doubts the QAD is a good rest, but you still shouldn't get swindled like that...

Yep. They just sold you a load of BS so they could make more $. Look around Chuck, some of the best archers on this forum use and recommend LD's. Guys who truly know what they are doing. Not some dipshit at a bow shop trying to make a buck. I have no doubts the QAD is a good rest, but you still shouldn't get swindled like that...

Yep second guesses are a bitch. Still really liked the QAD on my old bow so I still have hopes it performs well. You guys will be the first to know if it doesn't so ya can tell me you told me so!! :smiley_baby:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My local archery shop talked me out of a QAD. He said they had some premature failures from the spring getting weak. That said, he also claims they were shooting over 1000 arrows a week preparing for some big tournaments and this was realized after tens of thousands of arrows went thru them. Shouldn't be an issue for most of us. He talked me into a Ripcord at the time and I am still using it on my 2008 Hoyt.

I should have made this post a few weeks ago instead of just before having to make my decision. Didn't have enough time to really think about it all before making that decision. Thanks for everyone's comments, they didn't go unnoticed!! Now....something I do have a little time to go before getting....arrows!! I'll make a new post up for that and I really appreciate your comments!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Check out the trophy Ridge revolution, I have it on my Z7 I think it works great...

I've set up a couple Revolutions for guys and I was happy with its performance. It's a pretty cool concept. The only thing I didn't like was the plastic laucher arm. It may not be an issue, but it seemed to me like it'd be easy to break.

MandRroofing

In the woods
I've set up a couple Revolutions for guys and I was happy with its performance. It's a pretty cool concept. The only thing I didn't like was the plastic laucher arm. It may not be an issue, but it seemed to me like it'd be easy to break.

I can see how you would think that but after using it over a year now I can say its pretty tough.its very simple to set up and not a lot of moving parts.also no fletching contact,I'm happy with it...

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can see how you would think that but after using it over a year now I can say its pretty tough.its very simple to set up and not a lot of moving parts.also no fletching contact,I'm happy with it...

I'm with ya there... All in all it seems like a pretty qood rest.