Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Whiskey

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Really difficult to be a sommelier in a control state. Lol.

With a little "adventure" you can find some obscure craft whiskeys, but that can get expensive real fast. There's a couple places on line that will ship to ohio, but shipping is also expensive. There's a couple bars and restaurants with really good selections so you can try before you buy, but those are closed at the moment.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I think my wife and I are planning to get out for a supply run today. Maybe I can convince her to head to columbus so I can look for some Angel's envy before dewine shuts the state down

rooster85

Lake County
I think my wife and I are planning to get out for a supply run today. Maybe I can convince her to head to columbus so I can look for some Angel's envy before dewine shuts the state down

Shut the state down? I haven’t read that yet. Hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
We made it to columbus today for a completely different reason...
My mother in law had a stroke this morning. She was transported to osu medical and we had to go down there to drop off some papers. Nobody was allowed to actually go into the hospital though. On our way back we got a call to let us know she was going into surgery to have a clot removed from an artery in her head. And the waiting began...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We made it to columbus today for a completely different reason...
My mother in law had a stroke this morning. She was transported to osu medical and we had to go down there to drop off some papers. Nobody was allowed to actually go into the hospital though. On our way back we got a call to let us know she was going into surgery to have a clot removed from an artery in her head. And the waiting began...
Damn, sorry too hear that Dave, here’s hoping for a full recovery for her.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
We got the call a little bit ago... the surgery was successful, shes awake and alert and the dr seemed optimistic...

We need to celebrate... poured my wife a glass of wine and I broke out the good stuff...

20200321_185725.jpg
20200321_185725.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Damn Dave I'm sorry to hear that on your MIL, but damn glad to read the surgery went well. Thinking of you all tonight. Enjoy those drinks with the Mrs.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I'd like to get a bottle of the eagle rare. I cant seem to find it anywhere
Where in Crawford county are you? I might be able to redneck postal deliver some to you. I came across some last week and have some extra.

I have always enjoyed bourbon but really dove in deep in the last year or so. Have almost stopped drinking beer, now I do a shot or two on the rocks most nights.
My daily drinker used to be eagle rare but its too hard to find so now its High West Prairie (the one with the antelope).
I really enjoy Henry McKenna 10 year Bottled in Bond but its also hard to find.
There is a liquor store in Findlay that has weekly deliveries of Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107 and I have them but don't see what's so special about them to my palate.
Jefferson's Manhattan is a nice change of pace, especially at the price point.
I haven't been very impresed with the offerings from Ohio distillers.
Angel's Envy is good, the rye is very sweet (and expensive)
Bulleit is my cheaper go to.
Old Forester 1920 prohibition style is good but hot b/c of its proof
Woodford Double Oaked is quite yummy and my newest find.

I have others such as 4roses, calumet, strannahan, russels, etc but they are occasional drinkers and not my favorites.
I prefer the caramel and vanilla flavors over the
For Irish Whiskey I prefer Jameson black or Redbreast
Scotch, Glenlivet is my go to but don't go there often

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Where in Crawford county are you? I might be able to redneck postal deliver some to you. I came across some last week and have some extra.

I have always enjoyed bourbon but really dove in deep in the last year or so. Have almost stopped drinking beer, now I do a shot or two on the rocks most nights.
My daily drinker used to be eagle rare but its too hard to find so now its High West Prairie (the one with the antelope).
There is a liquor store in Findlay that has weekly deliveries of Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107 and I have them but don't see what's so special about them to my palate.

I have others such as 4roses, calumet, strannahan, russels, etc but they are occasional drinkers and not my favorites.
A shot or two? You need too step up them #’s!!!!! 😂🥃😂

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Went to Arena Wine and Spirits today. They have a pretty nice store. Lots of mixers and bitters...good selection of liquors. They did not, however, have any Angels Envy, Blantons, or Buffalo Trace. They were pretty picked over...only two Rabbit Hole and maybe two Four Roses. Will have to go back when they get their shipments in and see whats up. I did pick up a nice bottle of Ron Zacapa Negra Rum. Will definitely be back...they are well within walking distance of work.

Reactions: Isaacorps and "J"

Isaacorps

Columbus

High West Prairie is fantastic and easy to find. Jefferson’s Ocean is also good but on the upper end of the budget, as in buy a bottle once and get your friends to chip in lol. Woodford Double Oaked never disappoints!

Isaacorps

Columbus
Went to Arena Wine and Spirits today. They have a pretty nice store. Lots of mixers and bitters...good selection of liquors. They did not, however, have any Angels Envy, Blantons, or Buffalo Trace. They were pretty picked over...only two Rabbit Hole and maybe two Four Roses. Will have to go back when they get their shipments in and see whats up. I did pick up a nice bottle of Ron Zacapa Negra Rum. Will definitely be back...they are well within walking distance of work.
Glad you made it, you know when to go back for their weekly shipment 😉. Don’t be afraid to ask what they’re holding in the back, they’ve always got something

Reactions: Tipmoose

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm in galion...

As far as I know, we're still working monday, there is a krogers down the road from the jobsite that told me the get a few cases of angels envy per month. The get deliveries on mondays and there about due to get some this week. I'm gonna stop after work tomorrow, hopefully they have some. If not, I know they have high west, I've seen it but have yet to try it... I'm gonna have to now. If nothing else, I'm out of 4 roses and might as well pick up a new bottle of small batch or single barrel.

I watched those 2 shows on hulu last night, both very entertaining. Got a few new scotches I want to try now after watching the golden dream.