Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's shooting? Tuning? Tinkering?

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Putting a new 20 inch AR .350 Legend to use this season...fired it for the first time over the weekend. Pretty decent round. It'll be interesting to see how it fairs to my 45-70.

My 10 point Wicked Ridge is in for a new set of arms....one developed a crack. I'll be re sighting it in soon.

Reactions: Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I could try I guess. I blame Ryan tho, he kept pushing me
1E24A4E9-8C5B-451B-AB4A-B004F2844446.jpeg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
After having my bow restrung, I noticed at Dave’s too summer shoot that when I was shooting at 40 yards, it was way off. Think somewhere 3-6” to the right.

so today I went to the range this afternoon to shoot a few. Had to mess around with the pin sight a few time to get it dialed in. I’m happy with i

20 yds
78E7E1ED-819D-49CE-8556-EFDBECB351DB.jpeg

40 yds
5850A75C-3D30-46CA-AE25-AE80D4F7FC85.jpeg

C0FF3929-DE1B-4920-9FBE-6854F7DF7A7B.jpeg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Shot few today. First target was at 25 yards, I took a shot at it and something hit me in left cheek, was trying to figure out what it was. I went got one of my arrow off the target, thought maybe once of the fletch came off or something. It wasn’t the arrow . So I draw back and tried to place my mouth on the kisser , the kisser was gone. Oh, so that’s what hit me . So shot rest of the targets without the kisser, just didn’t feel the same without it . Hit the bullseye here and there but moving around kinda. Will go back to archery shop and have em put a new one on.

25yd
D88D4807-3F1F-44A0-B882-DC6FF95CD5C5.jpeg

F88F4B23-13BD-4CAD-BBD2-AC00F4F9239C.jpeg

30yd
00CD89D8-36C4-4838-89D9-3B924383E0A7.jpeg

EC59421E-69B9-4595-9B99-F93F848E9659.jpeg

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I’m buying a compound bow for the first time. I’m in Columbus and don’t know where else to look besides cabelas that had a range. Their selection is limited too. Any suggestions?
On the south side you can find Fishermans Warehouse. They are the ones I had set up my bow for me.

Reactions: Smawgunner2

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I’m buying a compound bow for the first time. I’m in Columbus and don’t know where else to look besides cabelas that had a range. Their selection is limited too. Any suggestions?

Did you loose track of the thread you created the first time when you posted this question or what? You had about a half a dozen respond to you with options.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well, so much for the 9-14 weeks they quoted me when I placed the order. Guess I'll need to come up with another option for hunting season since my current site is broke and only partially sighted in. The whole time Nate and I were shooting at Giles' house, I was holding off-target because the windage adjustment on my Spot Hogg is stripped and won't move any further. Half tempted to cancel my order and get my $ back, but I really want that sight!

Capture.JPG

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Well, so much for the 9-14 weeks they quoted me when I placed the order. Guess I'll need to come up with another option for hunting season since my current site is broke and only partially sighted in. The whole time Nate and I were shooting at Giles' house, I was holding off-target because the windage adjustment on my Spot Hogg is stripped and won't move any further. Half tempted to cancel my order and get my $ back, but I really want that sight!

View attachment 133273

Sorry to see that, but I have a single (.19) pin HHA Kingpin with new label configs. that is in perfect working order that I'll be happy to let you barrow that is currently on my backup SoloCam Reezen Mathews.

It's not a problem. That pin size is a bit of a challenge for me with my current affair of eyesight, but I still like the fact that it's not a cluttered sight.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I appreciate that Denny. I have a few spares around the house, just not my preferred choices for hunting. I'll probably take the one off the bow I bought off @OO2 and make it work. Maybe I'll shoot it instinctively :ROFLMAO:

Good deal! Good luck man!

I'm pretty sure it's the .19 pin size, but it also might be the smallest size they sell, maybe .10 that I have on that sight. I currently use the 3 pin HHA KingPin on my Mathews NoCam with the larger pin size and I'm pretty happy with it.

Last edited:

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
A couple of weeks ago I switched from a wrist hook caliper release to a thumb release. What a difference in feel. Everything from the draw, anchor, release, and follow through feels so much more natural. It did take me some time to adapt my mechanics using this style, but I'm glad I made the switch. Hunter and I have been launching arrows from 50-80 yards nearly every night. I'm really liking the feel of this thing!