Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wildlife 2022/2023 Deer Season

Fletch

Supporting Member
Yeh let's see what happens with the new mineral block...Molasses... Boy you know what happens if I'd put that down.... Bears and more bears....

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Sitting here watching a couple of different things at once. One with the volume turned off, and the other with the volume on 😊

Not to confuse anyone I hope :unsure:, but I just completed watching an oldie, but a goodie video of mine that was created back in 2017 that is apart of that year's playlist too, and I have to tell ya, I remember how I felt when I first saw that video clip, fresh off the SD card from the pull from that trail camera later that day.

The image quality sucks in comparison to what I use today, but the music, and the deer are more than worthy of my time to listen too and view again, and again, and again 😂

2017 was the first year I actually hunted here at home on a regular basis, and I just started out learning the area, the deer and all the other wildlife species within the area. and I learned plenty that year. A location and/or place that I call home all the time now.

Anyhow, I felt like sharing it once again for anyone that might enjoy it too. If you like heavy metal music only, no singing, or not, because you can always mute the volume, or turn it down, either way should work, and/or like seeing some real good warrior type bucks at the tail end of a hard hunting season, then here you go.***WARNING*** though, some of it is graphic, or if you have a weak stomach, you may reconsider.

I also believe that this portion of the this video, or clip within the video volume, is also apart of the 'Top 25 classic non-public' video playlist post from the other day too.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy and go Bengals!

th-334352705.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Denny that buck in the end sure looks like he got beat up a little, even lost an eye...Did you have any history with him the following year... Big difference in picture quality with the Reveal... (y)

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
8:30AM, Monday, January 30, 2023: 'Highlights of all🦌deer 🎬 action overnight @farms🚜'

20230130_045912cover.jpg

Interested in seeing deer this morning because I have your fix if you do.

Here is another installment for the 2022/23 trail camera playlist. This video contains all of the highlights of all the deer from yesterday evening through early this morning, just before sunrise that showed up at either one of the two feed sites at either one of the two different farm properties.

It also includes today’s local weather forecast along with my intensions for the week basically. Plus, ‘Junior’ was a no show once again last night as well. He missed two evenings of feeding from either one of the two different feed site locations here at home over this past weekend, which is more of a typical behavior for him to visit every few days rather than everyday like he has been throughout this past month, perhaps to simply recoup from all the rut festivities still, and now he’s content and kind of back to his more of a regular routine, more like prior years.

Today’s weather is wet, moist, damp and cool with no wind to speak of yet along with plenty of heavy fog currently. I’ll be heading out to the other farm later today to take care of the feed site, and to swap out both the SD card and the batteries for the camera too.

The weather forecast for the rest of the week does appear to be decent for some wintertime archery deer hunts all week, right up until Friday evening. I’ll continue working on clearing timber more during the mid-afternoons hours, and then bow hunt during the evening's primetime hours after today for the rest of the week at that farm, hoping to harvest another decent size antlerless deer before the end of day this coming Sunday, February 5, 2023.

I hope you enjoy today’s video and thank you for watching!

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
Denny,,, As always enjoyed watching with my morning coffee... Great Job...
Question: At the feed station where Junior lives I've noticed most of the deer come and go from the back left corner... What's the topo of that area?? Got an overhead pic??
Also at the other farm, can you move your feed station away from that road... Being there increases the chance of them getting hit by a vehicle...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Question: At the feed station where Junior lives I've noticed most of the deer come and go from the back left corner... What's the topo of that area?? Got an overhead pic??
Also at the other farm, can you move your feed station away from that road... Being there increases the chance of them getting hit by a vehicle...

Yes & no :giggle:

The main feed-station is located well beyond our road, over 400 yards away at least, however, the 'Western Stand' is located just off the creek shelf, nearest to our alfalfa field, which is where many of the deer like to bed & feed mornings and evenings when they itinually wake up from their beds that are within our alfalfa field much of the time, and that area is nearest to the road, that will never change.

People see deer in our front yard all the time too as they drive by. Nothing I can do about that really. I hear about it all the time from neighbors, family and friends. It is what it is, and most all of the deer within this area are fairly well educated of all the going-ons' around here too. Yes, I have lost deer from being hit by automobiles, and one resident doe that lived here when I first moved here was just recently killed from being hit out front, but that is usually because accident drivers were probably flying down the road to begin with, and/or are not familiar with this area with all the deer. People should not be driving as fast as the do down our road if they value their lives because of all the deer and trees near the road. Anyway, like I said, I don't believe no matter what I could possibly do about it will make a bit of difference in that regard.

Deer have been living in the area well before any road and/or people, and my area has always been a natural highway for all the river/swamp deer in this part of the state that typically come from the Scioto River area, approximately 4-5 miles away from our place to the east. Our creeks are used heavily by those deer to cover a lot of ground quickly, getting from one place to the other in more of a quick like and stealthier type fashion, and the deer know that all to well too! That is one of the reasons why I try my best to keep our creeks cleared from any down trees and/or bulk amount of heavy debris, just so that forever highway for all those wonderful deer can remain open for them all the time each year, especially for the summer! Our creek valley stays cooler than the majority of the surrounding areas during the summers typically, and our valley becomes a magnet for all those deer looking for water and a cooler place to stay.

Trust me, I've learned so much about all the deer within my area just over the past seven years that some may consider me to be utterly insane, but this is what I always intended on doing once the wife and I decided to take over this family farm.

With regards to any kind of a topo map of the area, well, I'm gonna hold on from sharing that publicly for obvious reasons and keep it real close to my vest because of the 'stranger-danger' factor for our local deer herd, and I'm the person that put in all the work to figure this freaking shit out. All I will say for now is that there are plenty of AG fields nearby along with good large amounts of mature hardwoods, tremendous size huge hills with Oak flats on top., hallowers, multiple deep ravines, ridges, creeks, swamps, mega CRP fields & plenty more. All the types of habitat a deer will ever need or want really, and most of it though, or approximately 90% of it is private land. Primo private land for deer hunting too!

I currently have hunting permission to well over 2,000 acres of the surrounding area nearest to my home, and only have visited a little over half of it approximately over the last seven years, ever since I first moved in the area. There is still plenty of places I've yet to discover and all of it is perhaps more than I'll ever need in two lifetimes.

With all that being said, I still prefer to hunt @theotherfarm though, for a verity of reasons, and some of them I've already shared throughout much of my hunt journals, ever since I've been back to hunting the place once again after being absent ever since 2012.
Okay, I think this about sums everything up, at least I hope anyway, and I will go ahead and PM you an overhead photograph right along with a good topo map of the area, just for you Rich, because I do trust you mister!

Just so you and everyone else knows, I have also taken multiple first time archery bow hunters out since I lived here, and each of those new hunters I have taken out were successful in fulfilling a dream of theirs at the time, which was to simply harvest their first ever Whitetail Deer, and each of them continue to be successful archery bow hunters still today. I couldn't be more proud of each them as you can imagine.

So, kindly lookout for that info you're interested in taking a peek at. It might blow your mind, Rich, and I'll go ahead and send it right now for ya.

I wish you a fantastic rest of the day, and thanks once again for all of your support! I certainly do appreciate it very much, thank you, thank you!!

Take care!
Denny

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
Denny... I hear ya on posting a topo on a public forum... I think what little you know of me you can gather I'm a very secretive when it comes to deer... As far as the roads you know your deer and you can only protect them so much...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
9:15PM, Monday, January 30, 2023: 'Antlerless Deer🦌making their way home🏡'

20230130_160459.jpg

Wanted to get this video out tonight rather then wait on tomorrow's report/update.

This is a video that will show a small group of local antlerless deer that appeared to be on their way towards our property this evening when I first saw them from afar. I was returning home from running some errands, then stopped for a moment and watched. Roughly an hour later, my trail camera that's located at the main feed-station confirmed their expected arrival. The distance of travel from when I first saw the deer to the main feed-station is approximately 500 yards straight through the woods.

Based on what I observed earlier this evening from the road, I know exactly where those antlerless deer bedded today in the daytime,

I hope you enjoy and thank you for watching!

20230130_160459cover.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
1:30PM, Tuesday, January 31, 2023: 'WildlifeOhio [THE 🎬 MOVIE]'

20230131_013843opencover.jpg

Everything anyone may wish to know about what all occurred from just before sunset yesterday evening until just before sunrise this morning on January 31, 2023, right here within my neck of the woods in southern Ohio overnight.

A few keynotes:
  • Almost everyone, or perhaps I should have gone with, nearly every deer rather, showed up last night, and take a wild guess who the ‘no show’ was last night?
  • The very first deer to ever feed from the newly placed feed toughs after being placed back in May of 2022, well, he showed once again last night just like clockwork, as usually, every day, typically multiple times throughout any given day, and he had both antlers on top when he first appeared in front of one of the trail cameras. And, throughout most of the night he continued to have both sides right up until the very wee-early morning hours, where he showed up yet once again, but missing an antler on a side.
  • The recent newcomer finally appears at both feed sites for a good period of time, multiple times throughout the night. Now we all can get a much, much better look at him.
  • Several antlerless deer also appeared throughout the entire evening as well, and most of the night pretty much too, and fill their belly with more whole corn.
  • Other wildlife species also took advantage of whatever available spilled corn at the main feed-station.
  • And finally, @theotherfarm, there was hardly any deer activity or movement all night at that particular hunting setup location, probable because of the heavier snow and stronger wind that area received overnight, however since then, sometime after sunrise this morning, all that silly nonsense completely changed, and for the better. Roughly midmorning this morning, the trail camera captured a good size group of antlerless deer there, passing through. Perhaps I should’ve been in my tree-stand this morning|?|
Nah, I would much rather be right here where I am currently, which is right next to the woodstove. I’ll get out for an archery bow hunt possibly tomorrow sometime, and if I have too, I’ll continue to hunt the other farm all the way through until Friday. If by chance I do not become successful, then I’ll eat the deer tag.

Waiting on the video to finish with the unload and HD processing particulars to complete. Once YouTube finishes, then I will revisit this post and to install the final production of the video/movie.

You all will have first crack at viewing the final product as it debuts.

I gave it my best despite the fact of the huge amount of data that had to deal with and manage all the while multitasking all morning long, trying to take care of everything else that needed my attention, right here at home on this chilly day.

So, kindly let this little bit of tidbit information here at the tail end serve as a prelude to the actual update for the post, if this makes any sense whatsoever to you. 😊

The video status currently is at 55% and then it will go through the HD conversion processing, and unsure exactly how long that will actually take, but according to what YouTube, their current estimate is on hour from now. I won't hold my breath to that either.

C-ya you all back here soon hopefully,

Later,
Denny

Attachments

• fa291e91-2ba0-46ac-8f24-cb347d943cd1.jpg
    fa291e91-2ba0-46ac-8f24-cb347d943cd1.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 6e3fc367-86dc-4a58-94ed-e712308319d9.jpg
    6e3fc367-86dc-4a58-94ed-e712308319d9.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 14a28a41-bff0-4602-a06c-19bf0cacadcb.jpg
    14a28a41-bff0-4602-a06c-19bf0cacadcb.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Fletch

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
4:30PM, Tuesday, January 31, 2023: 'WildlifeOhio [THE 🎬 MOVIE]'

Okay, it just finished completing the high definition process and is now available.

I’m about a minute into it now, watching it on the 60” widescreen television and listening to it on the cinema movie theatre grade sound system that I acquired from a past project of mine. The entire sound system, plus all 12 speakers from a cinema theater, which was a total package deal of converting everything pertaining to playing and listening to whatever movie going forward, was done through the latest and greatest digital technology at the time, which was in 2013, and the small privately owned indoor cinema theater was in Vermont. Don’t recall the name off the top of my head at the moment, but I can get it if I need to.

The final published version below, for now anyway. I hope you enjoy and I appreciate your patience, and, thank you for watching too!

20230131_063156thankyou.jpg

20230131_013843opencover.jpg

Everything you may wish to know about what all occurred from just before sunset yesterday evening until just before sunrise this morning on January 31, 2023, right here within my neck of the woods in southern Ohio.

A few keynotes:

1.) Almost everyone, or perhaps I should have gone with nearly every deer, showed up last night, and take a wild guess who the ‘no show’ was?

2.) The very first deer to ever feed from the newly placed feed troughs in May of last year showed up once again last night just like clockwork, as usual every day, typically multiple times throughout any given day, and he had both antlers on top when he first appeared in front of one of the trail cameras. And, throughout most of the night he continued to have both sides right up until the very wee-early morning hours, where he showed up yet once again, but missing an antler on a side.

3.) The recent newcomer finally appears at both feed sites for a good period of time, in multiples throughout the night. Now we all can get a much, much better look at him.

4.) Several antlerless deer also appeared throughout the entire evening and most of the night pretty much too, to fill their belly again with more whole corn.

5.) Other wildlife species also took advantage of whatever available spilled corn at the main feed-station.

6.) @theotherfarm, there was hardly any deer activity or movement all night at that particular hunting setup location, probably because of the heavier snow and stronger wind that area received overnight, however since then, sometime after sunrise this morning, all that silly nonsense completely changed, and for the better. Roughly midmorning this morning, the trail camera captured a good size group of antlerless deer there, passing through. Perhaps I should’ve been in my tree-stand this morning? Nah, I would much rather be right here where I am currently, which is right next to the woodstove. I’ll get out for an archery bow hunt, possibly tomorrow sometime, and if I have to, I’ll continue to hunt the other farm all the way through until Friday. If by chance I do not become successful, then I’ll eat the deer tag.

7.) Finally, all the collected imagery data from each of the trail cameras were compiled together and placed within the video as they occurred throughout the timeframe titled as best as I could possibly do it, in consecutive order by way of time-stamp. I also included the local weather information as well to provide further context of the facts for our area during the timeframe of all the wildlife activities presented within the video.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
10:00AM, Wednesday, Feburary 1, 2023: 'WildlifeOhio's Morning Deer🦌 Report'

20230201_061955cover.jpg

Welcome to February!

This video is the shortest condensed version of all the wildlife festivities captured on cellular trail cameras last night at either of the feed sites between yesterday evening's sunset all the way through until this morning's sunrise at both farms, and the overall assessment regarding all the wildlife observed within the video is what I consider to be normal compared to history.

As an added bonus, you will get to see one of the predators lurking around within the immediate area too.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
This day in history.

1787 Arthur St. Clair is elected the 9th President of the Continental Congress under the Articles of Confederation

articles-of-confederation.jpg

The Articles of Confederation, the first constitution of the United States of America

Historical Context​

After the United States Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, the thirteen rebellious colonies met and debated how best to run their wartime government and preserve their independence and sovereignty. The result of a year and a half of debate, the new Continental Congress created the Articles of Confederation on November 15, 1777, and the states ratified the document on March 1, 1781.

The constitution formed a very limited government with marginal powers, to conduct the American Revolutionary War, diplomacy and settle territorial issues. In 1786 a rebellion in Massachusetts over government taxation led to a widespread view that the Articles needed to be replaced and the government reformed. As more states and their representatives met to discuss issues related to governance and interstate commerce, this eventually turned into the Constitutional Convention.

In 1789, eight years after the ratification of the Articles of Confederation, the Constitution of the United States came into force, replacing government under the Articles with a federal government headed by a President, with a Congress and judicial system also officially formed.

Document Info​

Author(s): US National Archives
Location signed: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Source: Wikimedia Commons

Related Events​

• 1777-11-15 Articles of Confederation, the first constitution of the United States, is approved by the Continental Congress
  • 1778-02-05 Articles of Confederation ratified by 2nd state, South Carolina
  • 1781-03-01 Continental Congress officially adopts the Articles of Confederation, the first constitution of the United States of America after ratification by the 13th state, Maryland
  • 1787-02-02 Arthur St. Clair is elected the 9th President of the Continental Congress under the Articles of Confederation

Let me know if you are interested in the source...

Attachments

• bill-of-rights.jpg
    bill-of-rights.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 58
  • constitution-of-the-united-states.jpg
    constitution-of-the-united-states.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
9:00AM, Thursday {oops, I was off a day, now corrected, sorry}😊 , February 2, 2023: 'WildlifeOhio's Morning Deer🦌 Report'

Good morning,

Today's video report comes an hour earlier than yesterday for you all. I also attached my archery hunting schedule for the rest of the week for you all too.

Have a great day today 'TOO'zers!

20230202_070124cover.jpg

This morning’s deer report that will show not only all the deer from each farm feed site locations, but also any other wildlife species that was with them since yesterday’s morning report.

BTW, a couple of days ago I uploaded the ‘WildlifeOhio [THE 📽 MOVIE]’ video, and within that video, there was plenty of captures of our nocturnal flying squirrels and a screech owl that was hanging out with one of the groups of antlerless deer at the main feed-station overnight at home, and each wildlife species was captured on camera at the same time, or nearly. That video was published onto my channel as a headliner that apparently isn’t getting nearly the attention I believe it actually deserves, and I’m not entirely sure why. It is of my opinion, the video encapsulates perhaps the best of what the immediate area has to offer from my place, and, if you never seen an Ohio flying squirrel before, well, if you checkout the video, then you can’t say that you've never seen one before in the state. I do hope that you have the opportunity to checkout the video/movie at some point, which is basically everything that occurred overnight that was captured on either one of the three cellular trail cameras of mine, and I did not edit any of the video clips acquired from those cameras, so what you see is what those cameras captured in it's entirety from that timeframe mentioned in the description.

I do not always mention everything that occurs within the descriptions of my uploaded videos either. I allow you, the viewing audience to determine that for yourself, allowing you the same opportunity to discover anything the I may or may not have mentioned after the fact. Just keep that in mind if you are a follower of the channel.

I welcome all kinds of feedback pertaining to anything on this channel. I read every comment and try to answer any questions asked of me that pertains to this channel.

I felt that I needed to include this information this morning, and perhaps I may have to repeat myself from time to time for future newcomers to the channel.

I appreciate those that take the time to read the video descriptions. That is where any of the specifics of each video on this channel will be, and have been. I use this channel to document my hunting seasons, along with everything else that is involved to make that happen. This helps me learn, and provides history information regarding all the past happenings of the area.

Thank you if you are a subscriber, and if you are not, please consider of becoming one because this will be the spot where I will continue to document everything that pertains to any of my outdoor hunting adventures of mine.

Thank you!

Today’s assessment regarding the lack of deer activity and or movement during daylight yesterday, well, there wasn’t any, at both farms all day, and the first deer to show up on camera did not happen until just after 6:00 p.m. yesterday evening. It was an extremely slow day all day regarding deer movement/activity, all the way through up until the 4:00 a.m. hour, early this morning today.

I hope you enjoy today’s video report and thank you for watching!

Attachments

• 20230202_005742.jpg
    20230202_005742.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Was hoping to see a THUNDER update..:unsure::cool:

Just for you!

I wanted to follow-up with you because you asked about him, and this is a very special surprise this morning for me, as you can image because I have not seen him for almost a year.

The video is currently unlisted and only shared here, nowhere else. I wanted to give you the opportunity to check it out first, and it's the most current, and the only capture of him that I have from last night.

Enjoy!

Video description:

HE'S ALIVE!

A deer that I have a five year history with, and he's been missing ever since the 4th of July 2022. To say that I am thrilled to see him again would be a tremendous understatement.

I nearly killed him back in the 2021/22 hunting season, with the compound bow, and I've had multiple encounters with him during that year's peak of the rut too, however I always came up short each time as well. It was also the first year I actually targeted, or attempted to harvest him to too. If he continues remain in the area all year, much like the previous years, and remains healthy, I'll place him back on top of the next list for the 2023/24 Whitetail Deer Hunting Season.

I hope that you enjoy this very special video, and thank you for watching!

This video is the entire raw unedited version with all the nature sounds only and showing THUNDER's most recent visit from overnight last night. To me, he looks real good & healthy, about the same as last year at this time. I hope that he decides to stick around for the new year. I about started to give up on THUNDER too, thinking that he actually died from the 2022 EHD outbreak in the area. After seeing him alive now, it gives me new hope for all the other missing mature bucks that may also be alive still. We'll see..

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20230203_083416cover.jpg

9:30AM, Friday, Feburary 3, 2023: WildlifeOhio's Morning Deer🦌 Report

Good morning,

This video is the shortest condensed version of all the wildlife festivities captured on cellular trail cameras last night at either of the feed sites between yesterday morning deer report video, all the way through until this morning's sunrise at both farms, and the overall assessment regarding all the wildlife observed from overnight last night is what I consider to be slightly above normal as compared to history.

As an added bonus, I also included an attached hyperlink below for the portion of time that is missing within this morning's video report. The missing portion content was made into it's own raw unedited video. I have my reasons for doing this. Further information pertaining to the below is within the video description section.

THUNDER video link:

I hope you enjoy both of today's videos and thank you for watching!
P.S. - I just discovered a mistake in the last portion of today's video report. I meant to type, 'sunrise', and not 'sunset' within the text title of that section of the video. My apologies for any confusion that this may have caused, thanks! Just goes to show that I'm human, and I make mistakes, a lot of them at times too. Anyway, everyone have a great weekend!

Gooday!

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20230203_083446over.jpg

2:30PM, Friday, Feburary 3, 2023: [***Channel Update Message inside Description***] & Twin Yearlings@🏡

I acquired and downloaded all the TC data over lunch utilizing the cellphone Tactacam application, and then created the short video showing a pair of twin deer getting a quick bite to eat at the main feed-station here at home, much like myself roughly at the same time, but having venison chilly for lunch instead.

Going forward temporarily over the next few months, I will no longer be sharing anymore new trail camera photography and/or video clips from the trail cameras. Not until sometime later on into the new year, That's when I'll restart my hunting journal once again.

That is when I'll start creating more deer like videos yet again. All playlists will continue to be shared and any near future Whitetail archery hunts of mine as well, if I'm successful though.

I do hunt predators this time year, to help out all the new young deer fawns each new year. I may get into documenting all my coyote hunts much like I do for all my deer hunts possibly, IDK, maybe. We'll see...

All previously shared trail camera videos and/or playlists on the channel will continue to be available for your viewing pleasure.

I have every intentions of being back right here on the channel sometime later on, in June of this year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding anything that I've previously shared already on the channel.

Also, kindly consider liking and/or subscribing to the channel as well, thanks!. I'm trying to grow the channel as of recently.

I totally appreciate your time and patience, and thank you once again. truly from the bottom of my heart, especially to all those that have already participated, corresponded, subscribed and/or liked any of the videos already, thank you! You are awesome!

Everyone have a great rest of the day and fantastic weekend!

Sincerely,
'WildlifeOhio'

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
8:00PM 2/4/23

It's supposed to be the final of the final finally, hopefully, maybe,,, IDK... :unsure:

The message is intended mainly for those youtubers that find my channel, not necessarily meant for those that follow or know me here, but it's still all apart of my hunting stuff, so that is why it's being posted within the journal, thanks!.

Good night all!

02/04/23 - [***CHANNEL UPDATE MESSAGE INSIDE DESCRIPTION***]

Farewell for now, but I will be back in a few months. Please check out the details below, thanks!

All photography still images within today's video were taken before sunrise, February 4, 2023, and the outdoor temperatures remained within the teens all night, however, it certainly felt much colder.

The video will show a brief snapshot in time, from sunrise until 9:30 a.m. this morning, and some of the wildlife that was captured by either of the two cellular trail cameras during that timeframe, here at home.

I hope you enjoy this last video for while from me and thank you for watching!

The 2022/23 Ohio hunting season closes end of day tomorrow, Sunday February 5, 2023, and going forward temporarily for the next couple of months, I will no longer be sharing any trail camera photography and/or video clips, not until later into the year, when I restart my hunting journal once again for new season. That is when I'll start creating more deer videos yet again.

I will continue sharing any near future hunts of mine if I'm successful.

I do hunt predators this time year, to help out all the new young deer fawns each year. I may get into documenting all my coyote hunts much like I do for all my deer hunts possibly, IDK, maybe. We'll see...

All previously shared trail camera videos and/or playlists on the channel will continue to be available for your viewing pleasure.

I have every intention of being back on the channel sometime in June of this year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding anything that I've shared already on the channel.

Kindly consider liking and/or subscribing to the channel as well, thanks! I'm trying to grow this channel as of recently, just over the past month.

Totally appreciate your time and patience, thank you! I'm so grateful for all the support, especially to all those that have subscribed and/or liked any of the videos already, thank you! You are awesome!

Hope to see you all back here in June of 2023, until then, please enjoy what's already available on the channel, thanks!

Sincerely,
'WildlifeOhio'

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Good morning all,

I just completed this video, which will not be shared publicly on my YouTube channel, only available right here on this journal.

I wanted to include this information inside this journal, which will provide you the opportunity to observe what all occurred last night within my neck of the woods, plus, to let you all know what my intentions are for later on today.

I hope some of you appreciate this latest information along with the newest video creation of mine that is now available for your viewing pleasure.

Please enjoy!

Have a fantastic Sunday everybody!

10:00 a.m., Sunday, February 5, 2023: 02/05/23 - LAST DAY OF THE 2022/23 ARCHERY DEER HUNTING SEASON

20230205_053520.jpg

Good morning,

Well, it’s the last day of the 2022/23 deer hunting season, and I have NOT made it out for any hunts since 1/22’s morning archery’s deer hunt.

The weather had deterred me from wanting to get out this past week, which I had every intention of getting some late season archery hunts in, but I didn’t want to fool with those brutal bitter cold temperatures we received last Thursday through yesterday. So, I’m now prepping for an archery deer hunt for later today, hoping to wrap up this hunting season with a decent antlerless deer harvest this evening.

I believe I’m okay with regards to the amount of venison I have for the year. At the end of each hunting season, I normally acquire approximately 300-400lbs. of eatable venison per deer hunting season, and as of right now, I only have roughly half of that amount.

Like I said, I’d wish to harvest one more decent size antlerless deer later this evening before the season actually ends for this year. If I fail, then it is what is, and I’ll just transfer on over to my coyote hunts for the rest of the winter.

Every year I wish to offer up some of the version that I have to each landowner and my wife’s parents, but this year, I do not have enough currently, just enough for the wife & I right now. This is why I’ll be hunting later.

Today’s shared video below will be the last one until June 2023. That is when I typically kickoff my hunting season journals, typically starting it on Father’s Day. That’s about the time our bucks’ antlers are established enough for me to recognize them and confirm if they are new or not. That is when I’ll begin to once again, create more deer videos for the new hunting season.

This video is the shortest condensed version of all the wildlife festivities captured on cellular trail cameras last night at either of the feed sites between yesterday evening's sunset all the way through until this morning's sunrise at both farms, and the overall assessment regarding all the wildlife observed within the video is what I consider to be normal compared to history.

I hope you enjoy today’s video and thank you for watching and I hope to see you all back here on the channel in the coming June month, thanks!

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Good luck. I am debating on a hunt this evening myself. Not sure I'd fool with doe on a Sunday evening though. My Monday isn't as open as yours🤣

Thank you, Dave!

Good luck to you too should you make it out also! It's gonna be a bit windy I do believe, and I'm really not expecting a whole lot of deer action there this evening really. What will get achieved though for sure, is that I'll get to retrieve my tree-stand, and then put it away until next year, but I'd rather be working on carving up yet another deer instead. We'll see what happens later, and I will report back.

Have fun today if you do make it out, and good luck to ya too!