Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wire Haired Dauchund

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Screenshot_20240102-221952_Messages.jpg

9 am going after this one. Bad pic but extra wide 7 point. Sounds like guts.... 1/2 way up deer and 2/3 back is what was described. Hope we find out for sure.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
One of the craziest tracks yet. Absolutely no blood for 600 yd. I pulled max off and the hunter called me back to that spot with blood. 3 drops! 200 more yards and now we're out of permission... the hunter wants to just call it a day. We were within 200 yd of 2 small half acre thickets... I just know that deer is in one of those thickets and he wouldn't try to get permission. I know it's his deer and his call but I don't give up like that... 🦌

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
One of the craziest tracks yet. Absolutely no blood for 600 yd. I pulled max off and the hunter called me back to that spot with blood. 3 drops! 200 more yards and now we're out of permission... the hunter wants to just call it a day. We were within 200 yd of 2 small half acre thickets... I just know that deer is in one of those thickets and he wouldn't try to get permission. I know it's his deer and his call but I don't give up like that... 🦌
We had that very conversation yesterday after I'd asked 4 neighbors and we needed a 5th, which Kaydence and I promptly asked. There's no excuse for not making the effort.