Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Work Boot Recommendations

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Size 10.....small feet. 😅
273130D3-06DD-4315-8181-039B0AD1C5FF.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Big_Holla

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Boots are hard to come by in this town and I'm leary of ordering online. I need to replace my Ariat slip ons that finally gave up the ghost. I think I'm ready for some lace ups and will go back to a safety toe after buying that new weedeater blade. Any Thorogood fans out there? How is the sizing if you have owned a pair? I like this pair, any maybe prefer a 6" over the 8" for hot weather.

Screenshot_20220219-091440_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: MoonLab

JARHEAD

Behind you
Boots are hard to come by in this town and I'm leary of ordering online. I need to replace my Ariat slip ons that finally gave up the ghost. I think I'm ready for some lace ups and will go back to a safety toe after buying that new weedeater blade. Any Thorogood fans out there? How is the sizing if you have owned a pair? I like this pair, any maybe prefer a 6" over the 8" for hot weather.

View attachment 146130
I've worked Thorogoods for the past 10 years or so for work. They seem to run around d the same size as other comparible work boots but a little on the narrow side. Wide sizes are available though. Bridgeport carries them if you do t want to order online. They have several different models but some have been back ordered. Good luck

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They were out of 5 different styles of boots yesterday. Ammo supply is good. Boots not so much unless you want cheap Chinese made Georgia's.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah i like the boots a lot. I thought they were going to cut it off but luckily no. Now if I had my Crispi's on that would not have happened. My ankle rolled so fast it snapped the fibula right above the ankle. Hoping the orthopedic surgeon has good news like no surgery and just a hard cast.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sounds good. Hopefully I'm in a hard cast pretty quick. Thursday Friday look identical to last week with crazy weather. This thread went sideways lol sorry about that. Back to boots! If I would have had these on I wouldn't be laying on my back right now.View attachment 146182
Without another good option beside my rubber boots, I wore this same pair of Crispi's to cut/clear brush today. If they made a composite toe version, I'd be all over it! Really one of the best purchases I've ever made are these boots.