Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Your pet peeves?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I hate all these kids sports leagues that don't keep score and make sure everyone gets a trophy. Bullshit! When my boy is old enough, I'll be organizing a competitive league where we can teach them that you are judged on winning and losing your whole life

Right on Red......same here. For some reason we have to make all the kids feel "special" these days.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I find it incredibly annoying when the guy in the office next to me trims his finger nails with a clipper.....goddamn that gets under my skin! You mean to tell me you can't find time to do that at home in the privacy of your bathroom? WTF!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
People who are constantly talking on their cell phones, people who talk loud enough on their cell phones for everyone in a city block to hear them, people who can't carry on a 2 minute conversation with you without checking and sending text messages....

Lots of things drive me nuts....I have issues, I know.

Leaving doors opened, leaving lights on, people who can't mow a straight line, I'm just getting started here.

Women that can't cook. Women with butch hair cuts, hipsters, guys who walk like they have something up their ass.... people that think their kids are more special than anybody elses kids, people that always have a better story than the one you just told them, women that won't shut the fuck up and just keep talking........

Diablo54

Outside
When your supposed to meet someone at a certain time but they dont show up,then u have to break into their house with an adt alarm and wake them up.

Haha jk

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hate it when my socks slide down my leg and over my ankle and ball up around my toes when I'm wearin' my knee high rubber boots for hunting or scouting. I always tell myself to pull them over my pant legs before it happens but usually forget till it happens then end up doing it while standing on one leg in a field/woods or finding the nearest log to sit and do it! DANG I hate that!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Don't get me started on the way little league is run these days! "You play to win you little bastards or you'll all be running foul poles after the game!!!" LOL! I'm super competitive and I believe that is a vital part of growing up to be a man. Teaching kids to be pussies is not how you ready them for life...

My pet peeves inclued hearing people chew food or gum. If I can hear you, I want to punch you in the teeth, then puke all over you. And no, it's not a sexual thing! rotflmao

I hate reality shows and 90% of TV. I don't give two shits about some 16-year old pregnant whore, a washed up actress that can dance, some douche trying to find love in a harem of damaged women, or a group of narcissitic fluzies named Kardashian. In the same breath, fuck Nancy Grace, Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, MSNBC, CNN, and all the other ass wipes that contribute to the rampant spread of filth in this country.

Rude people. Be nice would you? You're life will not end if it takes an extra 2 minutes at McDonalds to get your nuggets. You don't have to be an asshole to the kids behind the counter who is hating life because he works at Mickey D's. At least he is working and not dealing drugs, screwing your daughter, or jacking your car. The majority of people I encounter on a daily basis need to learn patience and manners. It ain't rocket science yo!

Itchy balls. Boogers you can't get. Warm beer. Hot weather in the rut. Fat chicks in (or not in as the case may be) clothes made for girls half their size. Ugly chicks who think their hot. No cell (data) reception. Gas prices. No sex. Shit cramps. And running out of toliet paper when no one is around to rescue you...

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Mine would have to be when someone chews with there mouth open and you can hear the food in there mouth. idk why but it really gets to me.

The second one would have to be when people say "touche" buncha queers:smiley_baby:

Those who don't know the difference between "there, their, and they're". rotflmao

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
When driving. Long line of traffic and you let someone in and they don't give ya a little "dap" or wave of appreciation.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Reading your gripes about the non-competiveness in sports reminded me of an article I wrote when and acquaintance asked me to be a guest blogger for him a few years back. Here it is if anyone is interested in reading it:

A.J. had another TBall game tonight and the head coach was unable to get off work so he had his assistant fill in for him and asked me to help his assistant. Because of this it deepened my perspective on tball and its effect on society.

Now, I've been to every practice save the one I missed while I was in Texas doing a demo for work. I've not missed a game either. From the beginning, when we had the first meeting with the coach, I knew there was a paradigm shift from the time I began Tball as a lad to today. Sure, I had heard the stories and rumors of all the changes, but it never really became apparent until I was a witness to it all. I complained to my dad about it and to hear him tell me how it was with sports when he was a kid, I recognize there was a big difference from his generation to even mine, and an even wider disconnect from his to A.J.'s.

After doing some thinking I've realized that each generation's effect on society can directly correspond with their interaction with sports and on a more fundamental level Tball. For example, my dad who is 50 years older than I am, is part of the "Greatest Generation". It can easily be said that this generation had the greatest effect out of all current living generation on industrialization, American spirit, they possess a great amount of fortitude with their never-say-die attitude, and this generation has classically shown a work ethic unsurpassed. My generation, Generation Y, is largely known as a generation of technology, general laziness, and a comsi comsa attitude to generally every thing. I can't help to wonder what A.J.'s "Yet-to-be-named Generation" will turn out to be.

Allow me to further explain, but first take a few minutes to reflect how things were when you played Tball and sports as a young child.

Now that you have reflected and refreshed your memory on how things were, allow me to tell you about A.J.'s Tball experience in a bullet point format:

>Every kid plays defense...I mean every kid at once! No longer do we have the traditional positions of catcher, pitcher, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, short stop, left, center, and right fields, but apparently we have added the positions of middle left, middle right, in-between-1st-and-2nd, in-between-2nd-and-shortstop, and if there are still kids with extra positions the coach is allowed to be creative and make up as many positions as he needs too!

Why is this a big deal? Now every kid gets to play. No longer does the kid get to experience sitting on the bench, no longer does the child get the opportunity to iinternalize how he can become better to get a spot on the field. The ball player no longer has anything to strive for other than to finish the game so he can be rewarded with a snack. There is no need to be exceptional

> Now there is a predetermined amount of hitters in an inning. That's correct, no more 3 strikes and your out rule (er...suggestion). The coaches meet before the game and decide how many batters get to bat before the end of the inning.

Again, what does a team have to strive for. Why try to make a non forced out? Why try to get any one out? Why try to catch the fly ball? What's the point now? There is no need to be exceptional.

>No longer are there double plays, triples, and now even the classic accomplishment of home runs has been eliminated. Kids are only allowed to advance one base at a time. The errors that ball player makes have no effect in the game.

We've negated striving for more and replaced it with "Just take what is the easiest, after all if I go for more I may fail." Yes, this is exactly what the American experience means *Sarcasm* There is no need to be exceptional.

> I imagine this is nothing new, and was probably the precursor to the bastardization of baseball...but no longer do we keep score in Tball. Now it is accepted that there are no losers in Tball. Well, guess what folks, without a loser you can't have a winner!!!! "But it's all about fun" you say. You're damn straight it's about having fun, and it's always more fun to win!!!

Now, I imagine me having this feeling will invoke thoughts that I am a heartless person by some who may read this. I will argue that the lack of keeping score promotes individualization rather than team spirit. Why do I feel that way? The next time you are at a Tball game...or any game that does not keep score, pay attention to what the kids say after the game. I guarantee you'll here the kids say "how did I do, mom/dad?" instead "how did we do; did we win?"

While I only list four changes I ensure you there are many more changes that will leave a negative impact on society by this current generation as a direct result of the changes in the sporting world. I encourage you to attend the next game you have the opportunity to and study what is taking place. Once you've done that, reflect and ponder the effects of what you've witnessed. I'm sure after you've done this you'll be thinking the same thing I'm thinking....WAKE UP AMERICA!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Wow a lot of changes even since I was that age, and I'm just closing in on 25. Seems to me we are just breeding a bunch of pansies, and it is showing in society today. Take a long hard look at the 14-17 year olds these days, especially this time of year. What are they doing on their summer off? Sitting on their balls!