Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's '21-22 Pics

Isaacorps

Columbus
After four AK Expresso K-cups that washed down a large Mickey D's black coffee, just the caffeine alone in that scrape would give a passersby the jitters 😂
1633361323276.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm noticing a very interesting, very common theme on the cams I put along a shelf in the N side of our creek. Although the shelves are very well defined, narrow, and marked by a well defined deer trail, 75% of the pics I get in those spots, are of deer going vertical up/down the hill. I made my first hunt on the farm this same week in 2005 and I was west of where this pic was taken about 250 yards. I got pegged in my tree by a 130" 8 that walked straight up the steepest part of that hill. He came out of the creek, up the hill and by the time I heard him, he was at 15 steps staring right at me. That hunt makes these pics make more sense, but it's still curious to see. It also kills my idea of hunting on the ground just below the ridge and just sitting next to a tree. You'd expect L/R passing traffic, but they might walk right up the hill to you!

bdefc382-9df5-4106-aee4-6d497d620b21.jpg