Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Summer Gathering - Mingo Sportsman Club - July 24-26

Where should we have the shoot?

• Cotty's Club - NE OH

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Cardinal Center - Central OH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse's Farm - SE OH

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • State Facility in Central Ohio

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I got almost everything packed and I can tell you that the genny wasn't easy all by myself lol.

Ron, I have your chair you left at Strouds as well buddy.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just a heads up, if any of your GPS are telling you to stay on 70 toward wheeling and bypass 77, don't do it! There's a bridge out where 70 connects onto 7 north and it will Fugg you all up.

Those coming from the west, follow 70 until it merged into 77 north. You'll be on 77 for about 5 miles and then merge onto 22 east.

From the south, follow 77 until you hit 22 east at Cambridge.
Thx for the info Cotty thats what mine was showing.
Did someone say weiner?

Leaving work tomorrow at 1430, picking up groceries and swinging by to pick dad up, and I will be on my way. Looks like a 2.5hr drive, so I'm guessing we will be in camp by seven. Looking forward to this weekend!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Deeply appreciate it Adam! It's bag has been lonely..... Lol
I will be rolling in tomorrow afternoon!
Glad to hear you have the bag. I was just checking to make sure it wasn't in my shed where your chair has been since October lol. I should be rolling in around 3ish myself so I'll look for ya.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
180 pounds of meat...check
Guns....check
Ammo....check
Fluties stuff...check
Smoker....check
My food...check
Drinks....check
Clothes....check
Camping stuff...check

Almost didn't have room for my bow. Seriously, the bed is full, the smokers full and so is my cab.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
uploadfromtaptalk1437699804662.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Twas the night before the TOO gathering, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring. . . .Except Phil. . . .

And he is running around lke a high strung ADHD kid hopped up on caffeine and chocolate.

Got the bike ready to go. Got my gear. Found a couple 5gal water jugs to clean out in the morning and top off. Loaded up a few blinds, some random backpacks and stuff for the swap. Grabbed Flutey's stuff. Haven't thought about food yet, but I know what is going in the cooler in the morning. Foreman is changing oil in my truck first thing while I finish scavenging stuff together. Heading off to round up guns and ammo next. Tent, cot, sleeping bag are ready. Oh yeah, I do have the Caldwell Leadsled in a pile of stuff to bring as well for anyone who wants to use it.

Thanks to CJD, I will be making motorcycle sounds all the way there. Might just punch him in the gut rather than shake his hand. (I kid. I kid.) He is going to have me sore from riding by Monday for sure!

I truthfully don't think I am even bringing my bow (not sure I can fit it in the truck at this point). I want to RIDE! I want to shoot guns. I want to eat, drink, and meet some new faces. Those are my priorities.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm like the kid in the Disney commercial " I'm too excited to sleep"

These things are just as bad as opening day of deer season keeping me awake lmao
I hear ya, I just got off work an hour ago. I won't be asleep til 3 but I'll have my ass up at 8:30 loading the quad and the rest of my stuff.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just laid down in bed. Have a ton to load in the morning. At least I have it all ready except my clothes and food. That won't take me long. Scope is mounted on new rifle I want to sight in! Can't find my bore sighter tool. Hopefully someone has one there.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Morning gents. Got some good riding in tonight, about 15-16 miles of Jefferson counties best. Good fire, power to pavilion, tunes playing. Greg and his pops still up. Safe travels and see ya when ya get here.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Morning gents. Got some good riding in tonight, about 15-16 miles of Jefferson counties best. Good fire, power to pavilion, tunes playing. Greg and his pops still up. Safe travels and see ya when ya get here.

Glad to hear the pavilion is powered up. I was a little worried about that. I'll have my geny there today so we can run other stuff if needed. Hold down the fort until I get there lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What's your ETA, Phil?
4hr drive. After my semi refreshing 5hrs of sleep, I am up and at it. Still have quite a bit to get done before I can leave. I would guess mid afternoon sometime.

Feel free to give me a shout if you are driving and bored Chad. Lol