Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Summer Gathering - Mingo Sportsman Club - July 24-26

Where should we have the shoot?

• Cotty's Club - NE OH

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Cardinal Center - Central OH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse's Farm - SE OH

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • State Facility in Central Ohio

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'll be there tomorrow!
Now the only problem is what the hell do I do with myself for another 17ish hours???

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure about this but I did break out the dirt bike tonight when CJD3 peer pressured me into it. No front brakes. Fork seals are leaking like a sieve. Lower back hurts after a mile or so loop thru the woods. Not sure this is a good idea but I will probably bring it. Just need front brakes working. Shouldn't be a tough fix. Haven't ridden it in 4 or 5 years. Probably need to be bled. I cannot believe I listened to Jim. Big frigging kid is going to have me sore by Monday. Guess I am going to make him drink heavily to pay back the favor. Lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure about this but I did break out the dirt bike tonight when CJD3 peer pressured me into it. No front brakes. Fork seals are leaking like a sieve. Lower back hurts after a mile or so loop thru the woods. Not sure this is a good idea but I will probably bring it. Just need front brakes working. Shouldn't be a tough fix. Haven't ridden it in 4 or 5 years. Probably need to be bled. I cannot believe I listened to Jim. Big frigging kid is going to have me sore by Monday. Guess I am going to make him drink heavily to pay him back.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Peer pressure my ass! Your view of the situation was clouded by the workaholic veil you have to see through day and night.
I merely pointed out the enjoyment you have had in the past riding the machine and how long it had been since you had done it.
You, my friend simply needed someone to remind you to take a moment for your self.
That's what I do..

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
that first hill down into the creek bottom might be a problem without brakes.
Hope your not behind me! Lmao

" and the machines will part on the way down the first hill as if moses himself were parting the red sea... And a guy named phil shall lead the way down !"

And so it is written

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Not sure about this but I did break out the dirt bike tonight when CJD3 peer pressured me into it. No front brakes. Fork seals are leaking like a sieve. Lower back hurts after a mile or so loop thru the woods. Not sure this is a good idea but I will probably bring it. Just need front brakes working. Shouldn't be a tough fix. Haven't ridden it in 4 or 5 years. Probably need to be bled. I cannot believe I listened to Jim. Big frigging kid is going to have me sore by Monday. Guess I am going to make him drink heavily to pay back the favor. Lmao

Fix those brakes, bring a helmet and let's ride!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Phil is gonna be wearing the heels of his sneakers out!

Nope. Y'all might make fun of me, but I will have all my gear. I raced and rode enough, I have the whole spectrum of safety equipment. Need to dig it out tomorrow and make sure the mice haven't gotten to it or it isn't dry rotted from neglect. lmao

Peer pressure my ass! Your view of the situation was clouded by the workaholic veil you have to see through day and night.
I merely pointed out the enjoyment you have had in the past riding the machine and how long it had been since you had done it.
You, my friend simply needed someone to remind you to take a moment for your self.
That's what I do..

And I appreciate you lifting the veil away from my face, smacking some sense into me, and "peer pressuring" me into it. Erin has been telling me the same thing the last week or two. Probably 2-3x she has said "You NEED to take your bike. You never get to ride it anymore." Dang woman. I should listen to her more often. lmao She is a good one!

" and the machines will part on the way down the first hill as if moses himself were parting the red sea... And a guy named phil shall lead the way down !"

And so it is written

That was some funny stuff. Rather poetic. Biblical. If you combined poetry, some God talk, and dropped an F-bomb. . . I might have thought Dannmann wrote it.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Will anyone have loading ramps? I had a little failure with my set:
image.jpg

I was able to score a beefy homemade set from a buddy but they're 8' long and stick out the back of the truck. With a trailer connected, I would prefer to leave them home snd not have to worry about tight turns and them making contact. Flying solo, this is even more risky lol. I would be looking to borrow twice, once to unload and once to load. No worries if not.