Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Summer Gathering - Mingo Sportsman Club - July 24-26

Where should we have the shoot?

• Cotty's Club - NE OH

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Cardinal Center - Central OH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse's Farm - SE OH

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • State Facility in Central Ohio

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thank you Gentlemen for making it another gathering for the memory books. It was great to see everyone again, and great to finally meet some first timers also. If you've been hesitant to come out because you don't really know anyone; don't be. I've been told a couple times by first timers that after being there they feel like they've known everyone their whole life. It's not often that you can take 35 guys with full coolers and not have one single ounce of problems. It's just a true testament to the quality of members here on TOO. We're all cut from the same cloth because we share the same passion for the outdoors. So this fall at Strouds, pack a cooler, load up the truck and come on over, I guarantee you'll have a good time.

I want to thank Cotty (Mike) who put in a lot of effort coordinating with Mingo sportsman club to host the event. Everything from scheduling the camping and range areas, cutting grass, showing guys the trails, and taking phone calls from guys needing directions. Even taking point on getting shirts done. You busted your ass Mike and we appreciate it.

Beentown (Charles) Holy crap dude. Way to sling some meat. Thanks for towing your smoker down and keeping the group fed around the clock. The ribs, brisket, and pork belly was on point. I was feeling bad at times because you had to babysit the smoker and didn’t really get to hit the ranges. You busted your ass man and we appreciate it. I have a feeling a lot of coolers went home with a lot of food.

CJD3 (Jim) Way to set the bar with the fireworks show. To say I’m impressed would be an understatement. Nothing puts the fun in an event like pyrotechnics.

OhioSam (Sam) Thanks for bringing your throwers and clays to the event. Those Midis, Minis and rabbit clays really humbled everyone. It was great to finally meet you after all these years.

There are so many that contributed to making this event one for the memory books it’s too long to list. Good times with good friends, it’s what life is all about.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Such a great group of people, I always hate missing these events. Having been to a TOO gathering in the past I would highly encourage anybody on the site to try and attend one! You will be hard pressed to find a better group, who will work harder to have more fun, and stretch the limits of your stomach with excellent food. It's something you can't describe but need to experience. Glad you all had such an awesome weekend!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey Scotty, you gotdatoobox? Toobox?

Dear Lord!

I apologize to you guys that were kept awake by my dickhead son. Or should I say, sons? I'm sure both were guilty. Thank goodness the second night they crashed early.
They don't get I camp often and I'm sure we're a bit excited.

They sure do look forward to hanging with you guys. I think they learn a lot about important things and maybe some not so important things. They sure get a raunchy education at times! Lmao

Priceless times when we all get together.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Dear Lord!

I apologize to you guys that were kept awake by my dickhead son. Or should I say, sons? I'm sure both were guilty. Thank goodness the second night they crashed early.
They don't get I camp often and I'm sure we're a bit excited.

They sure do look forward to hanging with you guys. I think they learn a lot about important things and maybe some not so important things. They sure get a raunchy education at times! Lmao

Priceless times when we all get together.

It was annoying at first and then I couldn't stop laughing. They were just boys being boys and having fun. If possible, record them and post it up. Hilarious!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I camped right next to them and they didn't bother me. Of course I didn't hit the rack until 3:30 both nights so they were already asleep.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
With out being redundant, I needed that long weekend for my self. A TOO outing away from everything was just the ticket. The event was a wonderful escape from everything burdensome.
New faces were put with old names I have chatted with for years as well as some new friends made. It's grand to see the few of you I knew from before but not seen in many moons. Between the events one could pick from to do there was hardly enough time (or space on the truck) to fit it all in. Those of you responsible for the care, feeding and over all well being of the rest of us are to be commended for another outstanding event of brotherhood.
Thank you.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
And the tip touching reaches full speed................

(I love you guys :smiley_cry:)

In all seriousness, it's an amazing thing to be a part of - I was talking to Mike A. and he was saying how it felt weird to meet people for the first time but feel like you've known them forever....he was like the fifth person I heard say the same thing, and i knew exactly what he meant. I heard many guys express their appreciation for the forum that Joe and Jesse put together, and knew exactly what they meant. Jim says "this weekend was exactly what I needed" , and guess what? I know exactly what he means - it was the same way for me. The only thing that separates us is geography, but this forum and commitment to each other overcome that to produce meaningful relationships.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
And the tip touching reaches full speed................

(I love you guys :smiley_cry:)

In all seriousness, it's an amazing thing to be a part of - I was talking to Mike A. and he was saying how it felt weird to meet people for the first time but feel like you've known them forever....he was like the fifth person I heard say the same thing, and i knew exactly what he meant. I heard many guys express their appreciation for the forum that Joe and Jesse put together, and knew exactly what they meant. Jim says "this weekend was exactly what I needed" , and guess what? I know exactly what he means - it was the same way for me. The only thing that separates us is geography, but this forum and commitment to each other overcome that to produce meaningful relationships.
Right on, Dan!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I tore my truck apart looking for those keys......looked all over Ric's truck, trailer, ATV, where he hung out.....
I never thought (nor will I ever) of going in his pants -