Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jamie

Ohio
Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
2E1131D7-96E8-4CF2-9713-E4FA537675BF.jpeg

Blan37

SW Ohio
I cannot fathom the justification for this. might not be legal. I mean, it might not hold up in court.

a drug that is safe, cheap, effective and widely available is banned to treat the plague of 2020. no, there is nothing fishy about that at all. wake up Americans.
The pharmacy board had an "emergency meeting" on Sunday. The only reason that makes sense for an emergency meeting (given that the results were to ban the drug from being prescribed) would be that they were reacting to the video.

From what I've read, their "official" reason was that there are no studies that show the effectiveness of the treatment. The only study currently underway will not be published until sometime in 2021. Frankly, who cares if there are no studies? This should not be up to them. Let me make that decision with my doctor. There is plenty of evidence from other experts in the medical community that this drug is effective.

Like you and others have pointed out, this is a safe, cheap, widely available drug. Why is there such a huge pushback on this issue? The bottom line is looking like this is all about "Trump endorsed it, so it must be resisted."

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Husted finally stepped out on his own. He went public on the reversal before Dewine. He's seeing his gubernatorial candidacy flush down the drain, so I expect more from him in that regard.

Reactions: 5Cent

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sent all of my federal and state representatives the below.

The measure taken by the pharmacy board of Ohio to prohibit the use of hydroxychloroquine for patients with COVID is an absolute gross abuse of power. Individuals such as these should NEVER interfere in doctor-patient relations, especially with a medication that for decades has been proven to be safe and effective. This action seems downright criminal and a FULL investigation should be brought against the board members for conflict of interest. I would like to see you publicly condemn this gross abuse of power and work diligently to not only reverse the decision but limit the board's power regarding future decisions on this matter.

Thank you