Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is my friend, Cindy. The next time one of you wants to say this is the flu, look at her picture.
A999B771-32DF-41FE-8153-8E6A737A0743.jpeg

A girl I went through school from the second grade, even our first two years at a community college, passed away last night. 48 year old non-smoker, no health issues, mother of two and a wife. A great girl, gone.

This thing started in Wuhan, yet the rest of China has no real issues. I am firmly convinced at this point it was purposely unleashed on the world.

Sorry to hear that Brock. Too young and way too soon.

Now that you mention it, when was the last time you heard of a Covid report from China? Definitely makes you wonder if they have immunized their population or at least the governmental side of the country.

Reactions: hickslawns

Fletch

Supporting Member
Brock, I've said from the beginning that this was a biological weapon that either got out mistakenly or on purpose..... My condolences for your classmate.....A life that ended way too soon... God Bless her and her family..... I'm probably playing this thing way too safe, but hey that's me.... Didn't make my annual deer trip to Illinois again this year cause I just couldn't justify my taking a trip with 6 other guys ( who knows who they have come in contact with ), when Thanksgiving and Xmas with my family has been canceled and we haven't seen the grandkids since last Feb...The deciding factor for canceling the trip was my friends farmer friend out in Illinois passed that week... And we all know that farmers are stronger than bulls... Anyone wanna make some fantastic tag soup??? I have $800.00 worth of unused tags....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A girl I went through school from the second grade, even our first two years at a community college, passed away last night. 48 year old non-smoker, no health issues, mother of two and a wife. A great girl, gone.

Really sorry to hear this Brock. Sad that this happens to people and is destroying families. I wonder if she had an undiagnosed health condition that didn't manifest symptoms. I've tried to keep an eye on the data for hospitalization rates among age groups and coexisting conditions. Occasionally there is an outlier like this that doesn't make sense, yet it is someone's reality.

The hospitalization rate for people in their 40s across the board hovers right around 2.5% and almost all of those have health conditions like diabetes, lung conditions etc. And that's 2.5% of the known cases, it's estimated that some 80%+ of people don't show symptoms. Even people in their 50s who have a higher hospitalization rate at 7% of known cases only have a 1% mortality rate. If the unknown case rate of 80% is factored into that, the mortality rate is something like 0.2% for people in their 50s. And almost every single one of them had comorbid health issues. Then something like this happens to your friend and it's just unexplainable. Unfortunatly I haven't been able to locate any authoritative sources on autopsy data for post-death diagnosis of undiagnosed conditions, heart murmur, malformed valve, aortic blockage etc. Something that just doesn't make sense. Too young and a family missing their mom. Sad.

Jamie

Ohio
damn, Brock that is very sad to hear. I'm sorry that you lost your friend so young. I don't mean to make light of her passing, but the numbers don't lie. she is a statistical anomaly. I can't believe there wasn't something else in play there with her health and immune system. no matter. this coronavirus, like many others, is an illness that can kill people but rarely does.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah they said if ya don't get the shot your a carrier and spreader of covid

Why does it matter what others do if the people who don't want to risk getting COVID voluntarily get vaccinated? For example you're in an at risk age group so you decide to get the vaccination, but I'm not so I don't. How does my decision impact you, you're vaccinated?

Reactions: Gern186 and giles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't know - btw Ohio has 8 purple counties now - how is Mississippi do n

Point being. Nobody should be forced or discriminated against by any public or private entity for a personal decision regarding their health. If someone is at risk or wants to go get the vaccine then have a ball.

For Mississippi, looking at the case stats it's booming here like everywhere. Looking around you'd barely know there was a pandemic. School is in session, business is open, and the Governor knows his place, mask compliance is maybe 40%. Most local business owners have a mask and will put it on if someone walks in wearing one, if you aren't then they don't. Its their right not to but they also respect the other person who has chosen to wear one as they don't know their story. If they see you approaching them and putting on a mask many times they've said to me "you don't have to do that on account of me". Its just different. People being people and nobody is trying to enforce or cram things down peoples throats. Covid isn't any more pronounced here than it is other places that's enacted these orwellian restrictions, destroyed people businesses and keep acting like dictators. I got a covid test last Friday because I was feeling like absolute crap. Scheduled it online with the county health department, drove over and they ran the instant test and the more precise one. Came back presumptive negative. It didn't cost me a dime and off I went.

Last edited:

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Point being. Nobody should be forced or discriminated against by any public or private entity for a personal decision regarding their health. If someone is at risk or wants to go get the vaccine then have a ball.

For Mississippi, looking at the case stats it's booming here like everywhere. Looking around you'd barely know there was a pandemic. School is in session, business is open, and the Governor knows his place, mask compliance is maybe 40%. Most local business owners have a mask and will put it on if someone walks in wearing one, if you aren't then they don't. Its their right not to but they also respect the other person who has chosen to wear one as they don't know their story. If they see you approaching them and putting on a mask many times they've said to me "you don't have to do that on account of me". Its just different. People being people and nobody is trying to enforce or cram things down peoples throats. Covid isn't any more pronounced here than it is other places that's enacted these orwellian restrictions, destroyed people businesses and keep acting like dictators. I got a covid test last Friday because I was feeling like absolute crap. Scheduled it online with the county health department, drove over and they ran the instant test and the more precise one. Came back presumptive negative. It didn't cost me a dime and off I went.

Are your children going to have to get shots for school - think it required for public schools in Ohio

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Are your children going to have to get shots for school - think it required for public schools in Ohio

Not sure on a covid shot being required for school. I can see that in Ohio. Not so much in Mississippi. But nothing surprises me anymore. I will say that the MS statehouse would probably be burned to the ground by now if our Governor acted like Dewine. Fortunately, my oldest will not be old enough to attend kindergarten next year, If they mandate shots Ms allows Private kindergarten. So I have two years before I have to make the decision if they mandate it.

Reactions: Geezer II