Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well nothing i have said on this thread is my personal opinion - just passing on tv news - i don't have a bullshit dector so its hard to get the truth - watching fox now - don't run off - don't mean to offend anyone - sorry if i offended you

Don't worry about offending anyone. I appreciate your perspective on things. Even if I don't agree with everything, I want to hear varying opinions.

Just got back from being a pall bearer at my uncle's funeral. Yes. My uncle had diabetes. Yes. My uncle died. Yes my uncle died of Covid. His diabetes was very easily managed. His diabetes would not have killed him at 69yrs old had he not contracted Covid.

I don't feel it works this way with everyone. Lack of trust in the reporting is the issue. A friend of mine's mother was in her 90's. Being attended to by Hospice. Stated she was tired and ready to be done. Had shed most of her body weight. Had never been tested for Covid. She passed. Death certificate said Covid. THESE stories are the reason we can't believe shit they are saying.

Reactions: Mike

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Don't worry about offending anyone. I appreciate your perspective on things. Even if I don't agree with everything, I want to hear varying opinions.

Just got back from being a pall bearer at my uncle's funeral. Yes. My uncle had diabetes. Yes. My uncle died. Yes my uncle died of Covid. His diabetes was very easily managed. His diabetes would not have killed him at 69yrs old had he not contracted Covid.

I don't feel it works this way with everyone. Lack of trust in the reporting is the issue. A friend of mine's mother was in her 90's. Being attended to by Hospice. Stated she was tired and ready to be done. Had shed most of her body weight. Had never been tested for Covid. She passed. Death certificate said Covid. THESE stories are the reason we can't believe shit they are saying.

Sorry to hear about your uncle - condolences to you and your family -

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Ok I have been meaning to post my covid story but haven’t felt like taking the time.

November 19 I feel a little tickle in my throat, nothing bad, as the days go on I get a little cough and runny nose. Never had a fever, just felt like the crud. So as I always do I kept my distance my mother who I am the primary caregiver. Also keep distance my wife and son. Also note I am obese and should be in a high risk, crazy how it affects everyone differently.

The days pass, we come for youth weekend, I feel like crap Sunday and sleep quite a bit. Drive home Sunday night, feel like I just have the crud, no fever, no aches, no dry cough, just a runny nose and productive cough, for which DayQuil helped.

Tuesday night I notice that I can’t smell and taste, which is really weird if you have never had it. So being responsible I go get a test on Wednesday.

I don’t go to thanksgiving, still staying away from my mom and others. Saturday comes and it has been 10 days since I had symptoms, I am coming to Ohio in a truck by myself. So I am not worried. I get test results back Saturday that I tested positive. I am past quarantine so I am not worried about infecting my son and others, plus we are staying apart as much as we can.

Now for the good part, I am doing an all day hunt on Monday, about 10:00 I get a phone call, they leave a message it is the local health department wanting to check on me and ask some questions. I am like ok I will call them back. So I am hunting and at 2:30 they call again, I am like really?

Almost immediately I get another call from another number, this time they don’t leave a message.

A few minutes later my wife text me freaking out.

The health department had the sheriff’s department call my wife looking for me !!!!!

She is like call this number and ask for this lady.

I called and I was like you mean to tell me because I don’t call you back in 5 hours you bother my wife at work? Really?

All they wanted to know was when did my symptoms start, who had I been around, had I traveled, I laughed said I am out of state now.

She said well you are clear to resume normal activities, it has been more than 10 days. I was like thank you.

Then they called for the next 2 days they call check on me and each time saying we will take you off the list.

I mean call the DAMN SHERIFF!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike and Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Sorry to her this Hicks. My condolences buddy. That's the thing about this virus. We've enjoyed fantastic medical advancements in our lifetime that gave us the ability to manage chronic health issues and extended lives well beyond what they would have been without them. Covid is hard on people with chronic health issues, even ones that are well managed such diabetes, COOD, Asthma etc. Strangely enough diabetes is high on the list, even above things like asthma and other lung issues. Sorry to hear of your loss buddy.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ok I have been meaning to post my covid story but haven’t felt like taking the time.

November 19 I feel a little tickle in my throat, nothing bad, as the days go on I get a little cough and runny nose. Never had a fever, just felt like the crud. So as I always do I kept my distance my mother who I am the primary caregiver. Also keep distance my wife and son. Also note I am obese and should be in a high risk, crazy how it affects everyone differently.

The days pass, we come for youth weekend, I feel like crap Sunday and sleep quite a bit. Drive home Sunday night, feel like I just have the crud, no fever, no aches, no dry cough, just a runny nose and productive cough, for which DayQuil helped.

Tuesday night I notice that I can’t smell and taste, which is really weird if you have never had it. So being responsible I go get a test on Wednesday.

I don’t go to thanksgiving, still staying away from my mom and others. Saturday comes and it has been 10 days since I had symptoms, I am coming to Ohio in a truck by myself. So I am not worried. I get test results back Saturday that I tested positive. I am past quarantine so I am not worried about infecting my son and others, plus we are staying apart as much as we can.

Now for the good part, I am doing an all day hunt on Monday, about 10:00 I get a phone call, they leave a message it is the local health department wanting to check on me and ask some questions. I am like ok I will call them back. So I am hunting and at 2:30 they call again, I am like really?

Almost immediately I get another call from another number, this time they don’t leave a message.

A few minutes later my wife text me freaking out.

The health department had the sheriff’s department call my wife looking for me !!!!!

She is like call this number and ask for this lady.

I called and I was like you mean to tell me because I don’t call you back in 5 hours you bother my wife at work? Really?

All they wanted to know was when did my symptoms start, who had I been around, had I traveled, I laughed said I am out of state now.

She said well you are clear to resume normal activities, it has been more than 10 days. I was like thank you.

Then they called for the next 2 days they call check on me and each time saying we will take you off the list.

I mean call the DAMN SHERIFF!!!!!

That's crazy man. Glad you got over it without any real issues.

Reactions: Clay Showalter

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This email was sent internally within a large hospital system in Ohio today ahead of them receiving their first shipment of the "vaccine". Nevermind how I got it. Note Bullet items 7 & 8 specifically. This is not an "immunization" It is not a "Vaccine" as the vast majority of people understand it. This will not prevent people from catching Covid or transmitting it. For the vast majority of people who get covid and have mild to no symptoms, it is worthless. The CDC states that 40% of people are completely asymptomatic. Only 1% of people in their 20s will require hospitalization, increasing to only 8% for those in their 50s. This is a pre administered therapeutic at best. One that the vast majority of people simply don't need.

1607376215529.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
When do you think they'll come out with a vaccine for buck fever? :ROFLMAO:

Fuck that CV2 vaccine bullshit! I'd rather dye before I ever get pricked & injected with whatever poison their selling.

Why hasn't our country gone after the supposed source of all this bullshit, and why are our American small business falling to the way side and dying in droves by the day?

Who really should be paying for all this? China? Globalist? Medical Technocrats?

Ask yourself, Who do think Xi-Jinping prefers as President of the United States of America?

The whole time while Trump took office there has been one big major operation taken place by those that hate our country and what it stands for, and by the appearance of it all to me, our real enemies are winning!

There, I'll take off my tin-foil hat now.

Reactions: giles and Geezer II

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Our department is getting a shipment of vaccines. I’m on the fence about taking it. Need some help deciding as I take care of my bedridden father that’s 82 years old. I’ve never been an antivaxer but I have doubts about this one. I’ve only received the flu vaccine once and got sick as a dog for 4 days and said never again. Getting the first shot (could I be contagious), if so the answer is easy for me. If not it will sway me the other way

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Our department is getting a shipment of vaccines. I’m on the fence about taking it. Need some help deciding as I take care of my bedridden father that’s 82 years old. I’ve never been an antivaxer but I have doubts about this one. I’ve only received the flu vaccine once and got sick as a dog for 4 days and said never again. Getting the first shot (could I be contagious), if so the answer is easy for me. If not it will sway me the other way

The shot will not prevent you from catching or spreading covid only reduce the symptoms when you eventually do. The danger to society is some people will no longer even realize they have it. Which according to the CDC the 40% that are completely asymptomatic carriers are the biggest spreaders.

Reactions: Big_Holla and Mike

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We are not forcing any employee to get it.

For the record, we know someone that had covid and now has it again. Just some feel good info.